For Weekly Weighers, Why did you pick the day you did to weigh in?

13»

Replies

• go52182
    go52182 Posts: 133 Member
    taziarj wrote: »
    I see some people that only weigh once a week, others weigh every day but only record once a week. For those of you in this situation, why did you pick the day you did?

I see people saying that they log their weight or weigh in on Mondays. To me that makes no sense. Why weigh in after a weekend when you could have over indulged. I weigh in every Saturday morning and record that weight in MFP. It makes sense. It seems easier for me to stick to the plan during the weekdays and I let lose a little more on weekends.

I'm with you. I weigh in on Saturday morning. It makes sense at the end of the week when you've been on your best behavior and kept up with workouts, to see the progress and your hard work paying off. The weekends are notorious for slips so why would you weigh yourself after the weekend??

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Mine is Saturday morning because my husband is home on weekends and those are our going out days. He works Friday's so Monday thru Friday are my very tractable days.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    For majority of the duration of my 80+ pound weight loss I weighed in first thing Friday mornings.

This worked well for me because I eat regular pizza every Friday evening. The temporary water weight I gained from the excess sodium throws the scale off, so for me it just made since to weigh before.

Not only that, but weighing in before the weekend starts seemed to have motivated me to not go overboard with anything. This worked great for me mentally from seeing the scale almost always progress downwards weekly and it made me want to make better choices when going out on weekends.

I'm maintaining and now weigh in about once a month to make sure I'm staying in my maintenance range.