Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    I haxxord their system and I apparently have 159 woos distributed over a total of 50 posts.

Did you do that in public?!?!?!?!? :open_mouth:

Pfff, what do you know...you have 59 woo's distributed over 41 posts. One post on May 3rd had 5 woo's!

Are you hand counting the posts? Or am I missing a click somewhere. I know I have 332.

Yes anytime anyone gets woo'd I write it in my notebook. Your highest woo'd post was 5 woos.

LOL, thanks for nothing, but seriously, I don't see a post count anywhere on the linked pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/reactions/stanmann571/1005556991?reaction=wtf

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/reactions/Aaron_K123/60911203?reaction=wtf
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I haxxord their system and I apparently have 159 woos distributed over a total of 50 posts.

Pfff, what do you know...you have 59 woo's distributed over 41 posts. One post on May 3rd had 5 woo's!

Are you hand counting the posts? Or am I missing a click somewhere. I know I have 332.

Yes anytime anyone gets woo'd I write it in my notebook. Your highest woo'd post was 5 woos.

LOL, thanks for nothing, but seriously, I don't see a post count anywhere on the linked pages.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/reactions/stanmann571/1005556991?reaction=wtf

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/reactions/Aaron_K123/60911203?reaction=wtf

In Chrome I go to the page, go to the more tools menu and developer tools, then view the source code for the page under the sources tab. Then I scroll through the file structure to the plugins tab and go to the css definitions and.....hah hah no actually yeah I just hand count them.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Press on your woo. fdh7lyfr3xtb.png
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    My husbands friend gets bags and bags of blueberries and eats them with spoonfuls of peanut butter. When asked why, he says that it's a super food and that it's helping his body because of the nutrition . He didn't want to believe that the calories still counted.
    He started to walk up to others and talk to them about how they should be eating super food too.

Now he's 310lbs and 5'8. I guess the calories did count after all. Lol
    He stopped walking up to strangers to preach about the super foods now but my husband said people would roll their eyes and walk away quickly or say something like well then you eat it. Lol

Hearing "super food" would have made me stop him right there in his tracks.

I used to read those clickbait articles and always ended up feeling a little anxious because I either didn't like the foods or would have to change my whole way of eating to incorporate them. At one point I spent some time really thinking about the whole concept and came up with

1. Most of the articles were worded "studies show eating this food may contribute to a healthier heart". You can find a legitimate study that shows most nutrient dense foods contribute to heart health one way or another.
    2. "This food is high in antioxidants". And so are a bunch of other foods not on the list.
    3. If I tried to incorporate a serving of every superfood in every article at the recommended frequency I would be eating 3000 calories a day. How do you pick and choose? Heart health is more important than cell regeneration? Let your brain degenerate in order to support your gut?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

In Chrome I go to the page, go to the more tools menu and developer tools, then view the source code for the page under the sources tab. Then I scroll through the file structure to the plugins tab and go to the css definitions and.....hah hah no actually yeah I just hand count them.

LOL. Ain't nobody got time fo that.

So 5x41 pages. 205. Not quite as bad as counting them by hand
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    Options
    no no no - You have to do cognitive improvement at the beginning - otherwise by later in the week you will have forgotten which thing you are improving next. :o;);)
  • mph323
    Options
    no no no - You have to do cognitive improvement at the beginning - otherwise by later in the week you will have forgotten which thing you are improving next. :o;);)

Um. Wait, what? What were we talking about? What are we improving?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    My husbands friend gets bags and bags of blueberries and eats them with spoonfuls of peanut butter. When asked why, he says that it's a super food and that it's helping his body because of the nutrition . He didn't want to believe that the calories still counted.
    He started to walk up to others and talk to them about how they should be eating super food too.

He stopped walking up to strangers to preach about the super foods now but my husband said people would roll their eyes and walk away quickly or say something like well then you eat it. Lol

I used to read those clickbait articles and always ended up feeling a little anxious because I either didn't like the foods or would have to change my whole way of eating to incorporate them. At one point I spent some time really thinking about the whole concept and came up with

1. Most of the articles were worded "studies show eating this food may contribute to a healthier heart". You can find a legitimate study that shows most nutrient dense foods contribute to heart health one way or another.
    2. "This food is high in antioxidants". And so are a bunch of other foods not on the list.
    3. If I tried to incorporate a serving of every superfood in every article at the recommended frequency I would be eating 3000 calories a day. How do you pick and choose? Heart health is more important than cell regeneration? Let your brain degenerate in order to support your gut?

Great article from Jay at aworkoutroutine.com about "Superfoods": https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,082 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @mph - I cant remember. :o:o

See what happens when you omit the super foods ;)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    To be honest having the ability to view who clicked what in the little emoticons on the bottom of posts would just add to more drama and wouldn't really add anything truly useful to the conversation. I pay attention to what people say, I couldn't care less what anonymous person decided to click a button without expressing why. I mean how does knowing that it was BobSlayer2442 that clicked "woo" on my post help me exactly?

If one of my posts gets actually responded to with a response then I will care enough to take the time to read and respond. If someone responds to my post by clicking a button and saying nothing I honestly don't care.

Do I really want to see a bunch of "Hey, why did you click woo on my post BobSlayer244!?!?!?" posts filling up the forums? Not really.

I'm hoping that the fictitious BobSlayer 2442 becomes some kind of MFP meme, like making up your own *babysloth* curse replacements.
  • mph323
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Great article from Jay at aworkoutroutine.com about "Superfoods": https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/superfoods/?awt_l=BV.g9&awt_m=3gv.Upbtrx0ExV5

This has to be the funniest (and truest) article I've read so far this year! Thanks so much for posting it, it's bookmarked, locked and loaded for the next person who sends me a "superfoods" link. :p
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

I notice that he didn't mention cricket flour (an excellent superfood)

Supersmoothie
    100g pomegranate
    50g crickets
    90g fresh blueberries
    500g kale
    45g açai
    15g chia seeds
    50g Goji Berries
    45g Maca Powder
    8 cloves black garlic
    150g fresh atlantic salmon
    2 walnuts
    25g steel cut oats
    90g kiwi fruit
    2 oysters
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp Splenda
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    kpsyche wrote: »

I notice that he didn't mention cricket flour (an excellent superfood)

Supersmoothie
    100g pomegranate
    50g crickets
    90g fresh blueberries
    500g kale
    45g açai
    15g chia seeds
    50g Goji Berries
    45g Maca Powder
    8 cloves black garlic
    150g fresh atlantic salmon
    2 walnuts
    25g steel cut oats
    90g kiwi fruit
    2 oysters
    1 cup milk
    2 tsp Splenda

:sick:
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Posts like this I wish there was a Haha/looool reaction choice!
    That's hilarious!!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    doesn't everybody know, the only person you can tell what to do and nag is your husband. so.. geesh.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I'm supposed to be improving something?

... Crap.