Somebody lectured me about Splenda today

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    babysaffy wrote: »
    Been trying to finish reading this thread on and off all day I'm still not even half way through lol.

It's so weird I just went on to what's app and saw this status update from my brothers ex saying "Put two sugars in my coffee, a normal amount in my opinion, and some woman goes "do you want some coffee with your sweetener?"..
    I don't know do you want a headbutt with that banter!?"
    Had to post it here that was an odd coincidence and a great comeback whether she actually said it out loud or not lol... maybe there's an army of food police being sent undercover to coffee shops all over the planet :o

There must be something about the community aspect of a coffee shop that makes people feel like they're looking out for their neighbors.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    babysaffy wrote: »
    Been trying to finish reading this thread on and off all day I'm still not even half way through lol.

It's so weird I just went on to what's app and saw this status update from my brothers ex saying "Put two sugars in my coffee, a normal amount in my opinion, and some woman goes "do you want some coffee with your sweetener?"..
    I don't know do you want a headbutt with that banter!?"
    Had to post it here that was an odd coincidence and a great comeback whether she actually said it out loud or not lol... maybe there's an army of food police being sent undercover to coffee shops all over the planet :o

There must be something about the community aspect of a coffee shop that makes people feel like they're looking out for their neighbors.

Paying it forward, so to speak.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Take a sip of your delicious coffee with splenda, then launch into an Oscar worthy death act - wide eyes, coughing, grabbing your stomach, stumble - then straighten up and say 'have a nice day' with emphatic sarcasm.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Guys, as if right on cue with this thread, my dentist lectured me about dairy today. He went on and on about how we're all lactose intolerant, it's just a matter of degrees, and we shouldn't be consuming another animal's milk anyways, and its bacteria doesn't mesh with our system, evolutionarily speaking, etc.

All that to say I shouldn't consume dairy for at least a week after my dental surgery coming up. But what's one of the best things to eat for a swollen face post extraction according to the internet? Nutritionally dense, soft, delicious, cold ice cream.

I see a lot of Hagen Dass brand dairy in my near future. Yum!

I can't figure out if I want to make fun of the word 'mesh' or the that the bacteria died in pasteurization. Of course, even if it hadn't it is not harmful.

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Guys, as if right on cue with this thread, my dentist lectured me about dairy today. He went on and on about how we're all lactose intolerant, it's just a matter of degrees, and we shouldn't be consuming another animal's milk anyways, and its bacteria doesn't mesh with our system, evolutionarily speaking, etc.

All that to say I shouldn't consume dairy for at least a week after my dental surgery coming up. But what's one of the best things to eat for a swollen face post extraction according to the internet? Nutritionally dense, soft, delicious, cold ice cream.

I can't figure out if I want to make fun of the word 'mesh' or the that the bacteria died in pasteurization. Of course, even if it hadn't it is not harmful.
    I swear some of these people are reading old news articles at the library from the early 1850's to get their up to date scientific information. Because pasteurization was a thing.. in 1864...

A little bit longer and these people will ACTUALLY be living 200 years behind.
  • mph323
    Options

I swear some of these people are reading old news articles at the library from the early 1850's to get their up to date scientific information. Because pasteurization was a thing.. in 1864...

We're entering a new age where food all has good or bad bacteria. Everything on your specific named diet is good for your gut, and everything else will lead to brain dysfunction because of bad gut bacteria. Except for blueberries because they're on everyone's top ten list. And ACV.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

We're entering a new age where food all has good or bad bacteria. Everything on your specific named diet is good for your gut, and everything else will lead to brain dysfunction because of bad gut bacteria. Except for blueberries because they're on everyone's top ten list. And ACV.

hmmmm does that mean that my Granna didn't eat enough Blueberries? I mean... if they're on everyone's top 10, then if she had eaten enough of them she wouldn't have gotten Alzheimer. :wink:
  • mph323
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Lol great story. Splenda isn't all that healthy. It's true.

I suppose it's useless at this point to reiterate that the OP was about someone lecturing a perfect stranger in public about their food choices, and the fact that it happened to be splenda is completely incidental to the story. I get the feeling that if this incident had happened at a salad bar and involved croutons this thread would be 20 pages shorter.

Nah, dem carbz tho...

O.M.G. Do not start with the carbz!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Lol great story. Splenda isn't all that healthy. It's true.

I suppose it's useless at this point to reiterate that the OP was about someone lecturing a perfect stranger in public about their food choices, and the fact that it happened to be splenda is completely incidental to the story. I get the feeling that if this incident had happened at a salad bar and involved croutons this thread would be 20 pages shorter.

Nah, dem carbz tho...

O.M.G. Do not start with the carbz!

I would apologize, but I'm not even sorry. :laugh: