How often do you have cheat meals?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals or call it that rather I will have a day where I eat whatever I like at maintenance calories. Someone told me years ago don't lose weight how you can't maintain it and it has stuck with me.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Villypierr wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Villypierr wrote: »
    I don't cheat with fat food. If you have to lose weight you have to have food with quality. Try to stay focused. Cheat only with healthy snacks. Its only you my friend on this journey, and all the hard work you do, goes backwards if you do that. Loose the weight first and then do that on the maintenance.

It really depends on the person and how long they are remaining in a deficit. If that works for you, great, but it doesn't work for everyone.

Personally I find if I cut everything out I am less successful and more likely to blow out when I am faced with those foods.

well for me the only way to see results is consistency and trust me if you eat 6 times a day you don't need to cheat cause you are so high that u are feeling strong inside , your endorphins form gym are 100% your blood sugar is stable and you don't need sweets, so the point is consistency, one cheat meal will destroy all your inside clock, that s why i say yes to cheats but with healthy snacks... don't have to eat a burger...

I don't agree with this 6 meals AT ALL. Each person is different. I do much better with consistency if I just eat 3 larger meals a day. Small meals and snacks, or this "6 meals a day" makes me hungrier and eating more. Also this "don't have to eat a burger?" What's wrong with a burger? That isn't even an unhealthy food IMO. It's just beef. Sure if it's one of those monster burgers on the food shows with 3000 calories, that's a different story.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this before but since you have brought it up again- how can healthy snacks be any sort of cheat??

I am not diabetic so the effect of sweets on my blood sugar is a non issue, my body will regulate that fine.

And, sure, people don't have to eat a burger. We don't have to eat any individual food item.
    But nothing wrong with burgers if people like them and fit them into their calorie and macro allowances. I don't even think a burger would be very hard to fit in - no harder than any other meal really.
    Obviously in appropriate portion size - but that goes for all foods.

And really this 6 meals a day thing is just personal preference not a magic formula for anything.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    Had 3 pieces of pizza and 4 beers last night! :o

Logged it and moved on. Its just a meal. One or two (or 3) a week won't kill me. Think I went over by like 200 calories maybe? Not gonna stress about it.

I go over by 200 calories quite frequently - maybe once a week or so.

Balanced out by other days where I go under.

As long as the weekly calories are on target, it works out fine.

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Way too often recently :/ Having a very hard time turning away from excessively caloric meals and treats lately.

Why on Earth would this get wooed? How can admitting to overeating lately offend anyone's sense of science based information?