Keto not losing should I just focus on basic diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Njkelley
    Njkelley Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the information and feedback - sorry for the debate.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Njkelley wrote: »
    I gave 100 to lose. Just finished week 2 of strict keto. I’ve tried every other diet. First week lost 7.5 pounds. Second week lost a little over one pound. I don’t see the huge differences everyone claims ... I need long term. Should I focus on keto or general eat good calories In calories out concept.

It won’t always show on the scale ... measuring your waist sometimes shows a significant shrink

...or not.

Weight loss isn't linear. As long as - measured over the accuracy of time - the scale continues to move in the right direction, everything is fine.
  • LauleaAliyah
    LauleaAliyah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two as well and I've lost exactly 0. So 8lbs in two weeks is actually really good. With any "diet" there's going to be fluctuations and sometimes your body needs time to adjust. If you're loosing weight, I'd say stick with it. I mean, Keto isnt Magic and it works different on everyone. You can try something else to see if it works better for you, but two weeks isn't giving yourself much time to adjust and see if this new diet works well for you. If you have 100lbs to lose, then you'll lose a lot of that fast than say someone who has 20lbs to lose. I'd say focus on my you feel. Does this diet make dieting easier? Are you feeling satiated and healthy? If you answer yes, plus you're losing weight, then stick with it. If you feel like crap, maybe try making some tweaks and changes. Also, if you lose the weight too fast, you'll have more saggy skin. If you lose it slower, you give your body time to adjust to the changes and you shin can change as you lose fat. Some things to think about. Good luck!
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    hoofman04 wrote: »
    You plateaued you need a cheat day when that happens to reset

No. No, you don't.

^ This. Adding to that, though, what they need is not a reset but a registry clean
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Like almost everyone on MFP says, focus on calorie intake, be accurate using a food scale and honest when you log and no matter what, even those big red “you’ve gone over your calories” appear, reasses and keep going. You can do it, goodluck :)