Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone: Another sober day in the neighborhood. According to the EasyQuitDrinking App I installed on my phone I have been sober 21 days & 7 hours, passed 76 drinks & saved $121.60 so far. It is the 76 drinks I saved that really stands out to me & translates into how many bottles of wine???? 15.2 @ the standard 5 oz glass!! WOOHOO!!! PLUS all the health benefits that increase the longer I abstain.

I really like this app cause it really helps gauge my progress & supplies more incentive to keep on track. Hope everyone is able to stick to their resolve whatever that may be as the weekend approaches.

I need a quick one line summary of that app for the resource recap post. Can you or someone give me one? Here is that section:

APPS:
    Dry January & Beyond - The Dry January & Beyond app is for those who want to cut down or cut out the booze throughout the year, while seeing the impact it has on your health and wallet.
    EasyQuitDrinking -
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It is the 76 drinks I saved that really stands out to me & translates into how many bottles of wine???? 15.2 @ the standard 5 oz glass!! WOOHOO!!! PLUS all the health benefits that increase the longer I abstain.
    Ok, you definitely got my attention with those stats. Wowzer. Congrats on all your success!

• kittybenn
    Options
    @erikNJ - so happy for you! I feel like you're a member of my family at this point and was really concerned. Great news!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    @Orphia and @salleewins You two are very inspirational!

@Orphia Thanks for looking for the easyquitdrinking app. I can't find it either. I don't like removing things but I am getting anxious to finish this for next month's thread.

I have added nomo to the recap.

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    How do I find the July group? Or is this it? I have a few trips lined up and I’m going to try and just don’t drink until those trips and really really try only drink a couple days during them.

Why do I make it a habit of drinking daily.
    5 kids summer break I guess it helps break up my evenings, gives me something to look forward to something for me.

I’ve put on a good 15 lbs needs to come off. Thanks everyone. I can’t wait. I’ll really need the encouragement and friends.

We are here for you! each month I make a new thread. Next month , it will be called Less Alcohol- July 2018- One day at a time. Someone will post the link to this thread when July comes.

Your brain is complicated. Look at NovusDies posts for some book or video suggestions. It will take time to rewire the brain. We get dopamine from alcohol like sugar and sex. So, our brain craves alcohol to get that lift. But we also know it causes weight gain and depression. It doesn't help a thing , just harms our brain and body. You can make changes.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Has anyone bought the book The Mindful Drink Workbook by Rachel Hart?
  • kittybenn
    Options
    Thank you, @NovusDies, for keeping that list together. I've been with this group since January, so have heard about these resources before, but to have them gathered in one place is just excellent.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    NovusDies: Just saw your request for a summary of the EasyQuitDrinking App. Aside from keeping track of health stats re: total good health effects (like how long it takes your liver to regenerate, brain regeneration, weight loss effects etc, etc), money saved, drinks passed, it has help to "beat an urge" with a game to distract you from acting on a craving (by the time you play the game the urge has passed) & a motivation & tips section that you can personalize to keep on track, plus some other features that I can't list cause I'm already way over on my one line you requested. I'm not sure why you can't find it, cause I am a TECHNO-TARD & If I can find it anyone can....keep looking!!!

And BIG thanks for your time & effort to supply that list of resources.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    How do I find the July group? Or is this it? I have a few trips lined up and I’m going to try and just don’t drink until those trips and really really try only drink a couple days during them.

Why do I make it a habit of drinking daily.
    5 kids summer break I guess it helps break up my evenings, gives me something to look forward to something for me.

I’ve put on a good 15 lbs needs to come off. Thanks everyone. I can’t wait. I’ll really need the encouragement and friends.

Welcome! Happy you're joining us :)