8 Week Keto Challenge (Post before and after)

Options

Replies

• KennyG1963
    KennyG1963 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?
  • cathhav70
    cathhav70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been keto for nearly 13 weeks. Totally love it. Once you get the hang of it, it's so easy to maintain...even going out! I found www.dietdoctor.com super helpful and a YouTube channel called Low Carb Down Under. Also awesome :)
  • 0704Johnston
    0704Johnston Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome, B8049! I don't know who is or isn't but I count calories because I have to do both low carb and watch my calories to lose weight... I like to post my menus for accountability. I don't mind if you don't count calories if you don't mind that I do! hehe but this is not my thread.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Kenny not sure who you are asking, my calorie target is 1250. Since I am training for a half marathon, once I get into the more serious training (I have 3 more weeks of base training first) I will up my cals and protein a bit. Someone else here said they also do best at around 1200 calories but that was also a woman. Guys can get away with a lot more lol. Recently I told my husband it looks like he lost weight... he said he did, that his new job doesn't have free snacks like the old one. That is all that changed haha in other words, he didn't even try!
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Today's Plan:

Exercise

1st thing (empty stomach)
    Half Marathon Training day 6; 2:1 run/walk intervals (2.7mi)

Food

B - Vanilla premier protein shake blended with 1 cup unsweetened silk cashew milk and matcha powder, 1 tbsp heavy cream and 1 tsp MCT oil; then later 3 slices bacon

L - 3 oz pan fried ham steak, 85g green beans dipped in 14g (1tbsp) mayo

S - sf popsicle; 1oz extra sharp white cheddar cheese

D - 1 Johnsonville cheddar sausage, asparagus stems (I also cook the trimmed off ends and cook them longer then eat them almost like an artichoke leaf) dipped in 14g (1tbsp) mayo

Food 1,231 calories, 21 total (not net) carbs
    Exercise 526 calories
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!

Today's Plan:

Exercise

Rest day, including going to bed early last night and going back to sleep for another hour after I first woke up!
    .... BUT I did run some errands that totaled a mile walking

Food

B - First a SF/LC Chai tea latter (double strong chai tea, with 1/2 cup almond/casehew/flax milk and 1 tbsp heavy cream; then later, 1/2 a caramel protein shake with 1 cup almond/cashew/flax milk, iced salted caramel tea and 1tbsp heavy cream

L - 6 slices deli ham and 3 slices sargento ultra thin sliced sharp cheddar (cut in half) and duke's around mayo (total 1.5 packets) wrapped around lettuce, purple onion slivers and orange bell pepper

S - 1 stick Cheeseheads Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar, quarter dill pickle

D - 4 oz chunk light tuna in water (drained) and 22g best food mayonnaise, 1 oz eppic salt and pepper pork rinds for dipping, and another quarter dill pickle

Food 1,120 calories, 18 total (not net) carbs
    Exercise 109 calories
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    How is everyone else doing? I am talking to myself here :(
    hehe

Today's Plan:

Exercise

Half Marathon Training day 8; 2:1 run/walk intervals (1.4mi)

Food

B - BIG protein shake - 1 Atkin's Plus Chocolate Shake mixed with iced coffee, 3 tbsp heavy cream and 2 cups of unsweetened Cashew milk; then later 3 slices bacon

L - 4 oz fage with 100g fresh cut frozen strawberry/blueberry and sf vanilla syrup (higher carb than I like but it's hot and my AC is broken)

S - .5 oz epic bbq seasoned (but no sugar) pork rinds dipped in 1tbsp home made ranch dressing

D - 1 serving "crack slaw" (shredded cabbage, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, ground meat stir fry)

Food 1,243 calories, 26 carbs
    Exercise 283 calories
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So far so good! I have found that it is easiest to forgo breakfast and forgo dinner and then have a hearty lunch. Then I am not hungry for the second half of the day at all and I can manage the mornings. I am down 6 pounds. I might not embarrass myself too badly next week in Bora-Bora.
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    titianwasp wrote: »
    So far so good! I have found that it is easiest to forgo breakfast and forgo dinner and then have a hearty lunch. Then I am not hungry for the second half of the day at all and I can manage the mornings. I am down 6 pounds. I might not embarrass myself too badly next week in Bora-Bora.

Cool! My parents do OMAD at 2:00pm and that works for them. Because of my gastrectomy I can't eat enough to get away with OMAD. But I do try not to snack or graze.

6lb is great! In what timeframe?
  • 0704Johnston
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Today's Plan:

Exercise

Half Marathon Training day 9; 37 min walk/hike (2 mi)

Food

B - 1/2 a premier protein shake, caramel vanilla cream coffee (iced), 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk, 1tbsp heavy cream, 1 tsp MCT oil; then later 2 slices bacon

L - Not 100% sure yet because I am going to meet a friend at the mall.... there is a buffalo wild wings there... I am thinking 5 garlic Parmesan wings

D - 2 cheese shell tacos (2 X .5 oz seasoned ground beef, shredded lettuce, purple onion, cilantro and 1 tbsp sour cream inside of a cheese shell: brown 1.5oz mexican blend shredded cheese in a pan, flip and brown other side)

Food 1,152 calories, 13 carbs (total, not net)
    Exercise 380 calories
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Its been a few weeks for me..stick to around 1400 cals
    I see a little difference, though havent lost as much as I was hoping (about 6-7 pounds)
    worry about my hair thinning..its odd to think im eating so much cleaner and high protein but last time i did this my hair def thinned out

kim
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,413 Member
    Options
    All is going pretty good for me. I've noticed prelogging my entire day really helps...especially when I see the carb count :)
  • cherilynn8
    cherilynn8 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So far so good.. I am down 5 pounds.. wish it was more, but exercise has been a impossibility lately, due to knee issue and my insurance and doctor is taking me off of my fentanyl patch, so my neck is getting use to that.. I am doing traction to help with the pain since it is coming back without the patch.. but it is getting better!!! I started to walk one of my dogs around the block and hope to increase that soon.. I think I may talk to my orthopedic doc and see about repeating my shots in my knee so I can up my exercise. That usually helps!! Then there will be no stopping me!! :)
  • humbled2015
    humbled2015 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I've just started a Keto diet today and have a lot to lose (around 200lb) and I could really use a group to keep me accountable. I'm currently at 420 lbs - and roughly shooting for 220lb - but I'll assess that as I get closer. My focus for now is just doing the right thing day by day and trust that I'll get there eventually.

My Calorie goal is 2500, which for my size is pretty aggressive - I'll see how I do and adjust in a week or two. My macro goals are:

Fat: 186g (67%)
    Carbs: 25g (4%)
    Protein: 182g (29%)

I've just started on that ratio - so I'll see how it goes.
  • 0704Johnston
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Today's Plan:

Exercise

Half Marathon Training day 10; 2:1 run:walk intervals (2.5 mi)

Food

B - Vanilla premier protein shake, matcha powder, 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk, 1tbsp heavy cream, 1 tsp MCT oil; then later 2 slices bacon

L - crack slaw (left overs; shredded cabbage, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, ground meat stir fry) with 1 tbsp sesame seeds

D - 2 pcs alaskan pollock, sweet onion, butter salt and pepper (pan cooked)

Food 1,241 calories, 35 carbs (total, not net)
    Exercise 295 calories
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? I've just started a Keto diet today and have a lot to lose (around 200lb) and I could really use a group to keep me accountable. I'm currently at 420 lbs - and roughly shooting for 220lb - but I'll assess that as I get closer. My focus for now is just doing the right thing day by day and trust that I'll get there eventually.

My Calorie goal is 2500, which for my size is pretty aggressive - I'll see how I do and adjust in a week or two. My macro goals are:

Fat: 186g (67%)
    Carbs: 25g (4%)
    Protein: 182g (29%)

I've just started on that ratio - so I'll see how it goes.

I'm not the OP of the thread but I think it's safe to assume you can jump right in! Welcome!
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    All is going pretty good for me. I've noticed prelogging my entire day really helps...especially when I see the carb count :)

Me too!
  • 0704Johnston
    edited June 2018
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Its been a few weeks for me..stick to around 1400 cals
    I see a little difference, though havent lost as much as I was hoping (about 6-7 pounds)
    worry about my hair thinning..its odd to think im eating so much cleaner and high protein but last time i did this my hair def thinned out

kim

I had that (hair loss) for a while but it stopped. I think mine was partly from stress.

Congrats on sticking to your plan for a few weeks!
  • 0704Johnston
    Options
    cherilynn8 wrote: »
    So far so good.. I am down 5 pounds.. wish it was more, but exercise has been a impossibility lately, due to knee issue and my insurance and doctor is taking me off of my fentanyl patch, so my neck is getting use to that.. I am doing traction to help with the pain since it is coming back without the patch.. but it is getting better!!! I started to walk one of my dogs around the block and hope to increase that soon.. I think I may talk to my orthopedic doc and see about repeating my shots in my knee so I can up my exercise. That usually helps!! Then there will be no stopping me!! :)

Congrats on the 5lb Cheri!
    Sorry you're still struggling with pain. Have you tried aqua aerobics?
  • stephyyyo
    stephyyyo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    cherilynn8 wrote: »

5lbs is awesome!! Congratulations!