• SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Why am I seeing people who shall we say, shouldn't be here, yet are freely here, while other people, who aren't here, not by choice, are still not here, not by choice? Somethings rotten in the state of mfp.

Why shouldn't people be here?

I’m all for people being here. But if they’re gonna be here then ALL people need to be allowed here. What gives?

I think forums are always going to have issues with users who run afoul of the rules. Some people are always going to find a way around bans. Moderation will never please everyone. It's the nature of the beast.

VPN's will always make it impossible to automate. I'm against permanent forum bans. They can always be dodged, it just depends on the level of effort a person is willing to take up. It's a fool's errand, though...if you cannot be yourself then it won't likely be a better version.

I think you have to have the threat of a permanent ban to maintain some semblance of order. You lose that and people will post everything under the sun and before you know it, MFP's forum goes viral for something ridiculous and UnderArmor cuts their losses...or the forums.

So you are saying that these people were just “temporarily banned”?

No, I think they have found a way around the bans with new identities and have either not been found out or have managed to exist within the rule without making any waves.

I’ve been told somebody, actually a few somebodies, reported that one of these people were back (wasn’t me), she’s got her face as her profile pic, and she’s still here. So how is that not making waves? And yet still being ignored? I’m just asking questions that have been asked by many who have friends who are no longer here but I’m sure would like to be here. Especially since, hey, others are here. So I’m quite confused.

Perhaps she served the terms of her ban. I have no idea. I was banned...but served my ban.

Karma catches up to everyone...caught me, and I accept it.

It's better to move on when possible...but being upset is understandable. There's a lot of feelings here as people make their various ways, because life is very bumpy.

I thought all bans were permanent so I feel like maybe we are all owed an explanation now....

I remember someone whom had nearly 200,000 posts {not Jo}, said she was banned for several months but then began posting, with the same 200,000 post account again!

I know Linda was banned from the forums for a while. I had thought it was permanent but then she reappeared and said she was done serving her ban.

Yes that's who, I was referring to! I only remember, her partial User Name: FantasticFifty or something, like that!
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    So can someone explain "bannage" to me? Can't you just create a different account?

Someone school a sister please because I've been in jail before and even once already on this new account.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

100%! I didn't know she was band.

There was a band?

A band of thespians, yes.
    Actually, I just made that up. I'm not even sure what the proper name is for a group of thespians.

Well...
    A passel of *kitten*, Denny. You call them a passel of *kitten*.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    So can someone explain "bannage" to me? Can't you just create a different account?

Someone school a sister please because I've been in jail before and even once already on this new account.

They track ip addresses so if you make a new account they'll find you and ban you again.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

They track ip addresses so if you make a new account they'll find you and ban you again.

:o the bastids.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Do you ever click on a thread, and then regret it for the rest of your life because now it's always highlighted with how many new messages are there, but you never ever want to go back in?

MFP needs to give us an option to unread threads. Or hide them. Or something.

Yes. All of the selfie threads.

I say... you should post more in those selfie threads
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options

10. Multiple Accounts Are Not Allowed
    Creating an account for the purposes of deceiving other members or to work around a forum suspension is not permitted and will be grounds for a permanent ban from the site.
  • km8907
    Options

:o the bastids.

giphy.gif
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

Pshhhh...like they aren't around, right?
  • SwannySez
    Options

Yeah, all you need is a VPN to get around this. Anyone who torrents has one.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

Hush.gif
  • km8907
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

giphy.gif
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Yeah, all you need is a VPN to get around this. Anyone who torrents has one.

Gasp! 😮🤫
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I'm still mad that you made people think something horrible about me that is 100% not true

Tell Me!!!
  • SwannySez
    Options
    I'm still mad that you made people think something horrible about me that is 100% not true

Tell Me!!!

I said that she only has one nipple. I didn't think anyone would believe me, but now she's on all these lists.