Say it..... without really saying it.

Options

Replies

• covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    Why am I seeing people who shall we say, shouldn't be here, yet are freely here, while other people, who aren't here, not by choice, are still not here, not by choice? Somethings rotten in the state of mfp.

Why shouldn't people be here?

I’m all for people being here. But if they’re gonna be here then ALL people need to be allowed here. What gives?

I think forums are always going to have issues with users who run afoul of the rules. Some people are always going to find a way around bans. Moderation will never please everyone. It's the nature of the beast.

VPN's will always make it impossible to automate. I'm against permanent forum bans. They can always be dodged, it just depends on the level of effort a person is willing to take up. It's a fool's errand, though...if you cannot be yourself then it won't likely be a better version.

But it’s interesting how some are sought out and kicked off again super fast while others come back and post their faces and are back for good while waving to mods here I am I’m back. And all is good. I’m actually not taking about you I know the story.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why am I seeing people who shall we say, shouldn't be here, yet are freely here, while other people, who aren't here, not by choice, are still not here, not by choice? Somethings rotten in the state of mfp.

I’m all for people being here. But if they’re gonna be here then ALL people need to be allowed here. What gives?

I think forums are always going to have issues with users who run afoul of the rules. Some people are always going to find a way around bans. Moderation will never please everyone. It's the nature of the beast.

VPN's will always make it impossible to automate. I'm against permanent forum bans. They can always be dodged, it just depends on the level of effort a person is willing to take up. It's a fool's errand, though...if you cannot be yourself then it won't likely be a better version.

I think you have to have the threat of a permanent ban to maintain some semblance of order. You lose that and people will post everything under the sun and before you know it, MFP's forum goes viral for something ridiculous and UnderArmor cuts their losses...or the forums.
  • covetthycarbs
    edited August 2018
    Options

I think you have to have the threat of a permanent ban to maintain some semblance of order. You lose that and people will post everything under the sun and before you know it, MFP's forum goes viral for something ridiculous and UnderArmor cuts their losses...or the forums.

So you are saying that these people were just “temporarily hammed”?

Edit changed ba**ed to hammed for my protection
  • SwannySez
    Options

So you are saying that these people were just “temporarily banned”?

No, I think they have found a way around the bans with new identities and have either not been found out or have managed to exist within the rule without making any waves.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    Well bless your heart :heart:

nlo8qe8e4q3j.gif

giphy.gif
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    But....at the end of the day 🤷‍♀️
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I answered that. :grimace:
  • covetthycarbs
    Options

No, I think they have found a way around the bans with new identities and have either not been found out or have managed to exist within the rule without making any waves.

I’ve been told somebody, actually a few somebodies, reported that one of these people were back (wasn’t me), she’s got her face as her profile pic, and she’s still here. So how is that not making waves? And yet still being ignored? I’m just asking questions that have been asked by many who have friends who are no longer here but I’m sure would like to be here. Especially since, hey, others are here. So I’m quite confused.
  • SwannySez
    Options

I’ve been told somebody, actually a few somebodies, reported that one of these people were back (wasn’t me), she’s got her face as her profile pic, and she’s still here. So how is that not making waves? And yet still being ignored? I’m just asking questions that have been asked by many who have friends who are no longer here but I’m sure would like to be here. Especially since, hey, others are here. So I’m quite confused.

What'd you get banned for, Covet?
  • SwannySez
    Options

Not me. All my friends. But probably soon anyways lol. The man doesn’t like people talking about The Purge.

It says your account has been active since July 14th. Not July 2014. July 14th. 26 days. In 26 days you made a buncha friends who got banned? You're pretty good. There's been a purge in the last 26 days?
  • covetthycarbs
    Options

Not me. All my friends. But probably soon anyways lol. The man doesn’t like people talking about The Purge.

It says your account has been active since July 14th. Not July 2014. July 14th. 26 days. In 26 days you made a buncha friends who got banned? You're pretty good. There's been a purge in the last 26 days?

No I’m from the before time silly. I came back for a couple weeks from the real life I’m working hard at because I’m on summer vacation and was sitting for hours in the van during my son’s soccer camps. I needed something to do. But I gotta get back to it next week and honestly it’s just no fun here without my friends.
  • covetthycarbs
    Options

Perhaps she served the terms of her ban. I have no idea. I was banned...but served my ban.

Karma catches up to everyone...caught me, and I accept it.

It's better to move on when possible...but being upset is understandable. There's a lot of feelings here as people make their various ways, because life is very bumpy.

That’s interesting. I didn’t known bans had terms. I will need to contact the mods as I have questions and will need clarification and need the link to the rules and regulations and stuff tonread it because I am very confused on somebody things and need help clarifying. I will have to message someone I guess. I know that hey aren’t volunteers and busy so perhaps one can read this and just post the link that answers my questions.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Free Gnothi
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

• Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

this is one I can get on board with!!!
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Perhaps she served the terms of her ban. I have no idea. I was banned...but served my ban.

Karma catches up to everyone...caught me, and I accept it.

It's better to move on when possible...but being upset is understandable. There's a lot of feelings here as people make their various ways, because life is very bumpy.

I thought all bans were permanent so I feel like maybe we are all owed an explanation now....

I remember someone whom had nearly 200,000 posts {not Jo}, said she was banned for several months but then began posting, with the same 200,000 post account again!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    #freesabotage

Yes and meeseeks.

100%! I didn't know she was band.

Yep. For being funny. Not for stalking or making threats towards other members like some others that were only temp banned.