How to drop from 42 inches Men's Suit Jacket to 40 Inches Suit Jacket in 30 days?

Options
d090882
d090882 Posts: 148 Member
edited June 2018 in Motivation and Support
How to drop from 42 inches Suit Jacket to 40 Inches Suit Jacket in 30 days? I have to attend a wedding in 30 days.

Replies

• d090882
    Options
    Edit - just 1 jacket size from 42 to 40 inches jacket.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    They say it takes a 10lb loss/gain to move up/down one size. With my weight loss, it hasn't been even; for example drop a jeans (waist) size, before dropping enough weight for my tops to be a smaller size. impossible to spot reduce. The closer you are to a healthy weight the slower weight loss will be (in a healthy way). So 2lb to 3lb loss per week for 4 weeks is on higher end, and could be unhealthy.
  • d090882
    Options
    5 kg weight loss needed. Thanks @Wendyanneroberts
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    This is literally impossible to answer. You can't control where you lose fat from. So you could kill yourself to lose 1 kg per week and it could all come from your lower body. Or it could all come from your midsection. Or some average of the two.

And if it actually would take you 5kg to lose in a month, unless you are more than 50 lbs overweight, you will have to do something really unhealthy to lose that much in that little time.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think you could get part way there. Last week, I lost 2cm off several areas. I think 2.5cm = an inch?
  • d090882
    Options
    @kimny72 Thank you very much.
  • d090882
    Options
    @Candyspun Thank you very much. I think it can be done, or it will make me a better person in trying..
  • Candyspun
    Options
    You're welcome. I'm not sure why my comment was wooed by someone. It's entirely possible and I did it safely.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    guess it all depends on what your body decides it wants to do lol. so just make sure you eat in a deficit (not too large) and go from there. you will either lose some,most or all. since we cant say its all just trial and error.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Track what you eat & track your exercise. If you make an effort to be pretty regular about exercising & eating right, 5Kg in 30 days should be a piece of cake (oops, maybe I should have used a better metaphor).
  • d090882
    Options
    Thanks guys, you all are very motivating
  • d090882
    Options
    Can you suggest a diet or workout plan for this goal?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »

eat in a deficit and if you want to work out then do so. there is no special diet or workout out there. do what you like to do for exercise and make sure to be in a deficit and you should be good to go
  • Candyspun
    Options

I'm just tracking and exercising within a deficit. I only eat back some of the exercise calories because I'm very short and I need to. So far, I've been losing 1kg a week.
  • kimny72
    Options
    Candyspun wrote: »

I'm just tracking and exercising within a deficit. I only eat back some of the exercise calories because I'm very short and I need to. So far, I've been losing 1kg a week.

To be fair though, do you only have 5kg or so to lose, like it at least seems is OP's situation? How much weight you can easily and/or safely lose depends on how much extra weight you're carrying. You can lose faster when you're heavier, but weight loss is usually slow and unpredictable when you're down to the last 10 lbs. It's for sure not coming off at a pace of 1kg per week!
  • Candyspun
    Options
    When I lose 2kg more, I will not be classed as overweight anymore and will enter the healthy weight range. That said, I will continue to lose some more weight.

Mine has been coming off at 1kg a week. 500g-1kg a week is considered safe, healthy and possible. I know a lot of people on here choose to lose more slowly than that, which I respect. But 1kg a week has been doable for me. I’m not saying every week will be like this, but so far it has, and I’m happy about that. Yes, I know the op may be different to me. I’m simply sharing my own experiences.
  • kimny72
    Options
    Fair enough, but I respectfully disagree that "500g-1kg a week is considered safe" is accurate as a blanket statement.

The recommendation I usually see is that if you lose more than 1% of your body weight per week, you are almost certainly sacrificing far more muscle mass than you would want, and are most likely not properly fueling your body. Most already fairly lean people trying to lose a few vanity lbs would have to undereat or exercise excessively to have enough of a deficit to lose 1kg per week.

OP seems settled on trying though, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
This discussion has been closed.