How to drop from 42 inches Men's Suit Jacket to 40 Inches Suit Jacket in 30 days?

Options

Replies

• d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am Australian :smiley:
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi five!
  • d090882
    Options
    Which city?
  • Candyspun
    Options
    I’m in the snowy mountains, nsw :smile:
  • d090882
    Options
    cool
  • Candyspun
    Options
    And you?
  • spidermikie4
    spidermikie4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You may want to take a look at the book, Jumpstart to Skinny by Bob Harper. It’s only meant to be for 3 weeks-not long term, but it’s written for people that are in situations like yours. Only 10 days in and I am happy with the results.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Suit jackets normally are fit around the shoulders and chest, and while the gut may have some small impact. The reality is, your chest and shoulders are what they are.
  • d090882
    Options
    @stanmann - well the body is dynamic, you can lose and gain from every part of your body. If that was not true - bodybuilding would not be possible. You can gain size and loose size, one can even change the silhouette of the body by working on strategic muscles. Its all a function of time. My question on was how to manipulate time/ get results faster.
  • stanmann571
    edited July 2018
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    @stanmann - well the body is dynamic, you can lose and gain from every part of your body. If that was not true - bodybuilding would not be possible. You can gain size and loose size, one can even change the silhouette of the body by working on strategic muscles. Its all a function of time. My question on was how to manipulate time/ get results faster.

The only way to reduce muscle. Aka shoulders and chest. Is atrophy.

Shaping the body isn’t easy. Especially not the reduction of muscle mass
  • d090882
    Options
    I disagree respectfully based on scientific evidence
  • d090882
    Options
    After winning Mr Olympia at 270 pounds, Arnold Schwarzenegger dropped his frame to 210 pounds within record time to play Conon. That's a reference from popular culture. Now tell me ... it can't be done?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    After winning Mr Olympia at 270 pounds, Arnold Schwarzenegger dropped his frame to 210 pounds within record time to play Conon. That's a reference from popular culture. Now tell me ... it can't be done?

When did arnie compete at 270lbs?
  • stanmann571
    edited June 2018
    Options

When did arnie compete at 270lbs?

Never.

And when he won Mr Olympia in 1980, he was already filming Conan
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Candyspun wrote: »
    Can you suggest a diet or workout plan for this goal?

I'm just tracking and exercising within a deficit. I only eat back some of the exercise calories because I'm very short and I need to. So far, I've been losing 1kg a week.

curious how being short factors in (I'm also short)
  • Candyspun
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Candyspun wrote: »
    Can you suggest a diet or workout plan for this goal?

I'm just tracking and exercising within a deficit. I only eat back some of the exercise calories because I'm very short and I need to. So far, I've been losing 1kg a week.

curious how being short factors in (I'm also short)

Hi :) it means I'm on fewer calories per day.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

First of all, just because a Mr. Olympia did something doesn't mean it's even remotely possible for anyone else.
    Secondly, one would assume as Mr. Olympia his muscles were huge and over-developed (and I believe there were steroids involved, no?). Do you have giant chest and shoulder muscles that it takes a team of trainers and pharmacists to maintain them? So you can stop all those efforts and pharmaceuticals and they'll quickly deflate somehow?

Look, if you want to spend the next month struggling to do something that is most likely physically impossible, rather than just find a good tailor like someone else said, go ahead. We're not trying to keep you from fitting in your jacket, we're trying to give you accurate information. Best of luck and enjoy the wedding!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    arnold also even said he used steroids. so theres that.
This discussion has been closed.