Why are so few people aware of this?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hershey is gross. I don't understand how people can eat that stuff.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My childhood "invention" was cocoa powder stirred into Cool Whip (please don't judge me!) -- I called it "chocolate mousse" and still make it occasionally, and I'm 47. :smile:
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I use it to make chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that has around 30 grams of protein per serving and less than 350 calories in each slice with lower fat and moderate carb content. Tastes awesome!

PLEEEEASE may I have this recipe?:)
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i wish we had this in the UK :( haha I'll have to look around for an alternative!
    thanks for sharing though :)
    <3

Cadbury put one out:)
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    In for chocolate ideas!!
  • _Bajiggity
    _Bajiggity Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yummmmmm
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I put this in oatmeal and it was awful... what did I do wrong? :S

'cause It's not like chocolate that you normailly snack on (that has sugar & cocoa butter added back in)

Heresey's cocao powder is 100% cocoa, from the cocoa (cacao) bean. After all the cocoa butter (aka fat) is removed.
    And BEFORE sugar (aka additioanl carbs) are added.

so if you want sweetness, you have to add your own sweetness ie sugar, honey, agave, etc.
    Yes, I'm aware of that. I never eat oatmeal without sweetener anyway, so this was in addition to that... didn't taste good at all.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    To OP:
    You sir, just made my morning oatmeal better!!! Thanks!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    OMG. i will definitely look for that in grocery store as chocolate has a huge part in my life almost everyday. lol.:smile:
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Double shot of espresso + 1 teaspoon of THIS HERSHEY'S LIFESAVING DRUG + 1 packet of stevia + 1/2 cup of frothed milk = Sugar-free mocha cappuccino that tastes better than $tarbucks.

That sounds bomb I'm gonna make that some time. Thanks

yummy.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    leh3L6d.jpg

This stuff is heavenly; 1 serving (1tbsp)= 10 calories; 3g carbs, .5g fat, 1g protein, and 2g of fiber

Mix it in oatmeal and you have chocolate oatmeal
    Mix it in protein shakes for chocolate flavor
    Use it for protein cake or other homemade protein recipes
    Use it for homemade cookies, pancakes, etc.

Use it in just about anything

Carries micronutrients as well. Here's an article about benefits of unsweetened cocoa if you care: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/benefits-unsweetened-cocoa-powder-5662.html

Just thought I'd make you aware if you weren't. Go pick this up on your next grocery run and you'll thank me

starting in 1894, females were born knowing about this.
  • SunnyLu3
    SunnyLu3 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hersheys makes me want to smash my face on something. So many other, better types of chocolate and chocolate powder.
    True, but are they as cheap if you are on a broke person budget?
    If so, make me aware and I will be grateful
  • beccam83
    beccam83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    oh good lord at first I thought you were eating it straight. Glad to see that wasnt the case. :tongue:

Did you see the post around MFP a few days ago where someone posted about eating spoonfuls of chocolate powder straight? I mean
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hershey is gross. I don't understand how people can eat that stuff.

I kind of wish I thought chocolate was gross, would really help.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It is a key ingredient in 37 calorie brownies...awesomely good. www.bromabakery.com
    You're welcome :smiley:
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Aware but haven't purchased yet
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How did I not know about this sooner?!?!?!?!
    :|
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out what to do with it. It's gross. I have to dump a thousand lbs of sugar into ti to make it taste even remotely half-way decent. So, I have a whole thing of it just sitting there for years. It's absolutely disgusting. It's probably more gross tasting than nutella, if that's even possible.

nope
  • kscm02
    kscm02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh my....I just had the cocoa powder in my oatmeal. Would have used splenda but we ran out so it was ol fashion sugar this morning. Wow was this yummy. Felt like eating dessert and that being said could definitely be eaten as that as well.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I've baked with this all my life, also made hot chocolate and chocolate syrup for ice cream with it. I can't believe unsweetened cocoa powder has been a secret from anyone.

By the way, Ghirardelli's is better.