Kim Kardashian advice on weight loss....true or false?

Scrolling through my news feed and came across this tidbit of info regarding cheat meals True or False? Lol

“I’ve been really strict with my diet, recently. When I grocery shop, I buy lean protein, carbs, fruits and veggies, but every once in a while, I like to treat myself and have a cheat meal.” Sounds easy, right? Well, it’s not. Even Kim admitted that. “It can be so hard (and boring) to eat really clean all of the time. A cheat meal allows me to enjoy food without feeling like I’m overindulging. My trainer, Mel, instructs that you should schedule a cheat meal about once every 10 days. This way you won’t lose any of the progress you’ve made at the gym. When you do them too often, your body’s hormones are thrown off,” she wrote. “Your testosterone, which is a muscle-making and fat-loss hormone, can change if you’re eating too many calories, which can make you gain weight.”

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Kim Kardashian...yeah, that's enough to take the advice with a grain of salt. Or an entire salt lick.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I’m a bit surprised. I was expecting some crazy detox diet from her to be honest. Perhaps some ACV.

I remember seeing something about her doing a cleanse right before the Met Gala. I laughed and moved on.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Danp wrote: »
    I'd sooner take fitness advice from Kim Jong Un than Kim Kardashian.

Let them eat cake B)

Cake or death!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    How do you weigh evidence? Kim’s say-so isn’t even close.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 978 Member
    Up until the point she starts spouting pseudoscience it's actually fairly sound advice

tl:dr version for everyone:
    Stick to your diet and buy healthy food;
    Eat a cheat meal occasionally and don't feel bad about it;
    Some pseudoscience bs