Kim Kardashian advice on weight loss....true or false?

Replies

• SincerelySB
    SincerelySB Posts: 14 Member
    I agree it it didn't sound so bad until she started spouting the stuff about scheduling the cheat meal so you don't throw your hormones off. Testosterone...blah,blah,blah! No wonder why people are so confused about weight loss. It's not that complicated.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I trust Kim Kardashian for weight loss advice about as much as I'd trust an astrologer to perform heart surgery.

She's spouting the same woo you see everywhere else - the only difference is that her fame gives her a bigger voice.

And a bigger booty. Lol
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Kim could use weight loss advice herself. Despite having private chefs, home gym, trainer, best doctors, unlimited budget at her disposal!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Kim could use weight loss advice herself. Despite having private chefs, home gym, trainer, best doctors, unlimited budget at her disposal!

I don't know..Ithink she looks okay. Plus not everybody wants to be rail thin, I personally do not find that really thin look attractive anyway.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member

Do you have a top selling sex tape??? Not hitting on you. KK Does so clearly something is working for her.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    boymom121 wrote: »
    Scrolling through my news feed and came across this tidbit of info regarding cheat meals True or False? Lol

“I’ve been really strict with my diet, recently. When I grocery shop, I buy lean protein, carbs, fruits and veggies, but every once in a while, I like to treat myself and have a cheat meal.” Sounds easy, right? Well, it’s not. Even Kim admitted that. “It can be so hard (and boring) to eat really clean all of the time. A cheat meal allows me to enjoy food without feeling like I’m overindulging. My trainer, Mel, instructs that you should schedule a cheat meal about once every 10 days. This way you won’t lose any of the progress you’ve made at the gym. When you do them too often, your body’s hormones are thrown off,” she wrote. “Your testosterone, which is a muscle-making and fat-loss hormone, can change if you’re eating too many calories, which can make you gain weight.”

The best part is, someone is making money by telling her this nonsense.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Yea, I probably wouldn’t take any advice coming from a kardashian
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Am I the only one who sees KK and thinks of Krispy Kreme first? I probably wouldn't take diet advice from them either, but a couple of dem cake doughnuts sound good right about now.

And I think the Krusty Krab :p

a677hsy96a3t.png
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2018
    So it was the testosterone that made her butt hyooge.

Then wouldn't all guys have great butts? Or just great big butts? ;)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    briscogun wrote: »
    So it was the testosterone that made her butt hyooge.

Then wouldn't all guys have great butts? Or just great big butts? ;)

'Great' is obviously a matter of opinion here.
  • stevephi01
    stevephi01 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2018
    deviette wrote: »
    Stick to your diet and buy healthy food;
    Eat a cheat meal occasionally and don't feel bad about it;

Kim who? I didn't even bother if there was a link, don't be swayed by a 'so called' celeb. My definition of a diet is ' the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats.' not some fad or restriction. Adjust what you are taking in to match what you really need. Yes there will be days, which are 'unkindly' known as 'cheat days' hey ho, welcome to the real world. If we restrict ourselves to only this or that, we WILL fail.

Adopt a way of life which suits you. knowing what your limits are and adjust. there shouldn't be a need for a guilty, 'cheat day' as you ARE in control, with discipline, going over a day or a few can be rectified, hey it's for life not just to lose for an event.

I'm sorry I realised after posting I had quoted, no criticism, more suppprot.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Sorry, but is this a serious question?

Celebrities have lots of money to waste on lots of pseudo-professionals and lots of time to waste on the hoops these pseudo-professionals tell them to jump through while laughing all the way to the bank. Then they get photographed in the best lighting with the best angles in perfectly tailored clothing by a professional photog who then airbrushes and photoshops the result before publishing it in a story telling us to jump through the hoops to look like the fake picture. :neutral:

Kelly Clarkson is a legit talented individual who sounds at least reasonably intelligent in interviews, and even she got taken and is now hawking some diet book in articles that make me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. God help us.

In other shameful celebrity news, 8-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman is now pimping a topical cream for spot fat reduction. Many celebrities will do/say anything if the money is right.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Three pages on celebrity diet-pushing and nobody's mentioned Goop?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

Oh, her. :rolleyes:
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    mph323 wrote: »

Please, no. Now I have to stick a fork in my other eye. :disappointed:
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Sorry, but is this a serious question?

Celebrities have lots of money to waste on lots of pseudo-professionals and lots of time to waste on the hoops these pseudo-professionals tell them to jump through while laughing all the way to the bank. Then they get photographed in the best lighting with the best angles in perfectly tailored clothing by a professional photog who then airbrushes and photoshops the result before publishing it in a story telling us to jump through the hoops to look like the fake picture. :neutral:

Kelly Clarkson is a legit talented individual who sounds at least reasonably intelligent in interviews, and even she got taken and is now hawking some diet book in articles that make me want to stab myself in the eye with a fork. God help us.

In other shameful celebrity news, 8-time Mr. Olympia Ronnie Coleman is now pimping a topical cream for spot fat reduction. Many celebrities will do/say anything if the money is right.

And Frank Thomas promoting "man pills" :lol: