Doritos, You Know You Love Them

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Eating Doritos whilst cooking other food transfers the magic that is Doritos and infuses the food with the greatest flavor imaginable. I approve of your new habit, but more importantly, Doritos approves!

I should have someone come into my house and film my Doritos habit, who knows maybe I will be in the next super bowl commercial. I could probably work with my 5 year old chocolate lab and get her to do Doritos tricks too. lol
  • Kenn1414
    Kenn1414 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    In England we call the Cool Ranch ones Cool Originals. That's your Wednesday fact!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Doritos are my mistress. I have the worst weakness for them. I personally think they are the best in chili. GURL
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Doritos Facts:
    • They Were Invented at Disneyland
      Food company Frito-Lay owned a restaurant called Casa de Fritos at Disneyland, and one day in 1964 employees decided to cut up excess tortillas, fry them, and cover them in basic seasonings like cumin. They were such a success that Frito-Lay refined the recipe and released them nationally in 1966.
    • When Doritos were released in 1966, they were the very first tortilla chip to be given a national release.
    • The Name Derives from “Doradito” It’s the Spanish term for “little golden thing.”
    • They Were Completely Overhauled in 1995
      That year, the chips were made 20 percent larger, 15 percent thinner, and the edges were rounded to prevent them from breaking off in the bag. They were also given a bigger dose of seasoning to make the flavor stronger.
    • There Are Lots of Retired Flavors Flavors that were once sold but are no longer available include sour cream and onion, sesame, Nacho Chipotle Ranch Ripple, Jumpin’ Jack Monterey Cheese, Texas Tang, Chester’s Cheese (covered with Cheetos cheese — yes, please), and Buffalo Wings n’ Ranch.
  • cee134
    Options
    Also you can use Doritos as kindling to start a fire. Although I probably wouldn't.
  • cee134
    Options
    Old School

9ablq2ikgs1e.jpg
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    an interesting read - The Dorito Effect: The Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22609354-the-dorito-effect
  • cee134
    Options
    it was pouring rain this morning. I was sad. I looked over at my desk, and realized, I still have my bag of cool ranch. within seconds, the sky lightened up, clouds went away, and the sun is shining. thank you, doritos.

I'm glad this story ended well.

cthdz0blbrmh.jpg
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I only have snack bags so I am in the wimpy size department... going out today so I'll see what I can do about getting family size for 1.

esg44h12wy3k.jpg

This is my Cousin IT, he loves Doritos too. :laugh:

cz9w6csjkudw.jpg

sorry the pics are not great, took in a hurry as I am on my way out, taking a ME vacation day, see what I can get into that is fun today. Have a great day!!!!!!!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    6alksngede3r.jpg

@Will_Workout_for_food - You should have came and got them.
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Interestin' thing I found ....

THE QUEST
    In 2008, Doritos held another mystery chip contest called The Quest where participants had to solve puzzles and gather clues to determine the identity of the new flavor. A few weeks later, Doritos announced the mystery flavor was Mountain Dew, which coincided with the release of the soda’s "Dewmocracy" flavors, which were Mountain Dew Supernova (grape), Mountain Dew Revolution (cotton candy), and Mountain Dew Voltage (raspberry).
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    My girls found this bag at some lil gas station on the way home one night (The 3rd Degree Burn bag) when we stopped for gas and some snacks. My girls in the backseat said they were too hot and asked if I wanted some. I had no idea what they were, I just knew Dorito's.
    I took a small handful and in about 2 min's my mouth started tinglin', then burnin', then throbbin'.
    I literally thought I was melting my taste buds right offa' my tongue.
    I'm surprised I was able to keep drivin' w/o havin' to pull over.

Any of ya'll ever had any of them?

DEGREE BURN
    In 2010, Doritos came out with three limited edition Degree Burn flavors:
    1st Degree Burn Blazin’ Jalapeño, 2nd Degree Burn Fiery Buffalo, and 3rd Degree Burn Scorchin’ Habanero, which were bright red and loaded with spicy powder.

dpcn1eqamzpb.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    n9xjvozzz15x.jpg