Doritos, You Know You Love Them

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Pretty much got free doritos. Total was 3.50. I gave him a 5. He gav me 5.50 as change. Okay. Ill take it

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

How are the jalapeno ones? I saw them the other day but didn't grab them I have regretted that decision daily....I have not found another store that carries them yet
    Pretty much got free doritos. Total was 3.50. I gave him a 5. He gav me 5.50 as change. Okay. Ill take it

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

How are the jalapeno ones? I saw them the other day but didn't grab them I have regretted that decision daily....I have not found another store that carries them yet

They were very mild, very good, but I expected more spice/hot. Nacho and Spicy nacho still my favorite.

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

They were very mild, very good, but I expected more spice/hot. Nacho and Spicy nacho still my favorite.

roxy is spot on with the description. im not a fan of spicy, but this I can handle. esp with a ice cold coke zero, perfection. its on the same level of spiciness as the sweet chili, which is doable to me. it has a diff kick but in a good way. I cant handle spicy nacho or the volcano one.

Spicy Nacho is not that hot to me, but I also eat them with diet mountain dew. lol

No to the Blaze Doritos, its too hot if I have to drink after each chip.

I died with the blaze. it was completely unenjoyable ( is that even a word? the red line suggest no ). I couldn't handle the spicy nacho either. im a wimp when it comes to spicy.

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

roxy is spot on with the description. im not a fan of spicy, but this I can handle. esp with a ice cold coke zero, perfection. its on the same level of spiciness as the sweet chili, which is doable to me. it has a diff kick but in a good way. I cant handle spicy nacho or the volcano one.

Spicy Nacho is not that hot to me, but I also eat them with diet mountain dew. lol

I died with the blaze. it was completely unenjoyable ( is that even a word? the red line suggest no ). I couldn't handle the spicy nacho either. im a wimp when it comes to spicy.

I have slight tolerance to hot, and while I enjoy a good flavor burst it cannot be too hot. Like you said unenjoyable.

Unenjoyable can be a word to describe food. :laugh:

The really hot pork skins are a No No for me as they are for you too. :smile:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I knew Doritos and Mountain Dew was a thing! I just didn't have proof until now.

I used to enjoy my Doritos with Big Red, but then I discovered Coke Zero (ice cold in the can) and it changed my world!

Wait are you talking about the Jalapeno Poppers one? Those aren't even a little spicy. I may go to the store for some more Doritos and Coke Zero (also my choice but I like most soda).
  • cee134
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I have slight tolerance to hot, and while I enjoy a good flavor burst it cannot be too hot. Like you said unenjoyable.

If it burns it makes it taste better. Feeling your food and tasting it is a double bonus. But also I love spicy food as I can't really taste anything that isn't spicy.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

If it burns it makes it taste better. Feeling your food and tasting it is a double bonus. But also I love spicy food as I can't really taste anything that isn't spicy.

Its neat how our flavor pallets and food textures are all different. Funny what I think is mildly hot, my husband thinks it sooooo hot he might have a heat stroke. :smiley:
  • cee134
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

Its neat how our flavor pallets and food textures are all different. Funny what I think is mildly hot, my husband thinks it sooooo hot he might have a heat stroke. :smiley:

I know what you mean. I'll be over here eating my jalapenos and drinking my salsa from the jar and people will be looking at me like I'm crazy.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I know what you mean. I'll be over here eating my jalapenos and drinking my salsa from the jar and people will be looking at me like I'm crazy.

Drinking salsa from a jar... :laugh:

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    Yes, Roxie must add to the beauty that is Doritos

I'll see what I can do to spread the love of Doritos with my mug. :smiley:
  • cee134
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I have drank salsa before. It wasn't all that extra spicy. It just didn't taste good at all drinking it. Which was weird. Because it tastes good on chips and stuff.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I have drank salsa before. It wasn't all that extra spicy. It just didn't taste good at all drinking it. Which was weird. Because it tastes good on chips and stuff.

You must of chosen medium or mild, was regular or chunky style?
  • cee134
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

It was hot salsa, but the spiciness didn't compound when I chugged it. It just made it taste horrible. Sadly I can't find that salsa anymore. It was one of my favorites of all time. There was also one by Pace (I didn't chug) that was basically cut up red chili. I always get it when I see it but I haven't seen it in years.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

It was hot salsa, but the spiciness didn't compound when I chugged it. It just made it taste horrible. Sadly I can't find that salsa anymore. It was one of my favorites of all time. There was also one by Pace (I didn't chug) that was basically cut up red chili. I always get it when I see it but I haven't seen it in years.

I wonder why the spiciness did not compound, I can't imagine salsa tasting horrible chugging it. Hmm sounds strange, maybe because it didn't sit on the palette/taste buds long enough. Should have felt burn going down.

I would say I would try it, but not tasting good salsa going down seems counter productive. Bring on the chips.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I have to admit that I have drank my homemade salsa, it is great when it is still hot.

Hmmm I have yet to try and take on salsa making. I thought about it before but thought I couln't get no where near the right taste and right amount of spicy/hot. Maybe one day I'll try.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I drank my homemade salsa with a bag of Doritos in hand!

@Roxie...it is trial and error, sometimes you have to add a little more here and there to get the right taste, and always remember to eat Doritos while making it!

10/10 will try.

PS Since this thread I've been eating Doritos while making everything I make.
  • cee134
    Options

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

ybjwkb7jlqu9.jpeg

I wonder why the spiciness did not compound, I can't imagine salsa tasting horrible chugging it. Hmm sounds strange, maybe because it didn't sit on the palette/taste buds long enough. Should have felt burn going down.

I would say I would try it, but not tasting good salsa going down seems counter productive. Bring on the chips.

It only happened with that one type of salsa. I bet the others would taste fine. Maybe I'll see what happens again.
  • cee134
    Options
    So is it ok to make Doritos sandwiches with other chips? By which I mean using the Doritos as the bread and the other chips as the fillings.