Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Has Paleo had its day?

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2018
    annaskiski wrote: »
    I am creating the next fad diet with my friend. She is Indian, so she will be the mystical face of our new "secrets of India" diet. It will involve chanting and chakras.
    Obviously, you will be told that your weight is not your fault, because your chakras are misaligned.
    If you purchase our soon-to-be-written book, you will learn the secret of thinness.

Either that, or we'll start a new religion. There's cash in both, methinks...

Crystals. Don't forget the crystals. Big bucks in those puppies. B)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    It'll probably come around again in some form or another as all of the fads do. A few years ago I'd see lots of magazines and cookbooks and whatnot at the grocery checkout...not so much these days...mostly keto stuff right now.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,157 Member
    I am creating the next fad diet with my friend. She is Indian, so she will be the mystical face of our new "secrets of India" diet. It will involve chanting and chakras.
    Obviously, you will be told that your weight is not your fault, because your chakras are misaligned.
    If you purchase our soon-to-be-written book, you will learn the secret of thinness.

And some magical drink--I was at a bookstore once with a guy at a card table in the back selling tiny cups of "Chakra-Clearing Water". One sip and all your ills would be cured! Just ignore that annoying "distilled water" label on the plastic gallon jug sitting next to him.....
  • englishmuffinruns
    englishmuffinruns Posts: 70 Member

Crystals. Don't forget the crystals. Big bucks in those puppies. B)

Wasn't this an episode of Absolutely Fabulous?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    No one owns the word paleo. They may have trademarked a diet but no owns the paleozoic era. That ended with the largest extinction event in the history of the earth. Paleo peoples. Sigh and alas.