Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Has Paleo had its day?

Options
12346»

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    But this is the debate forum..
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

This particular one is set up specifically for that function. The rest of the community forums I assume are meant more for advice and support (and a couple for fun)!
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

Sure, but the primary referenced thread was not in the debate forum, so a more generalized reply seemed appropriate. Obviously, any statement is free to be challenged in the debate forum.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Interesting article about celebrity chef "Paleo Pete" is the banning of his documentary on netflix a good call?
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12080856
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like Pete's response to the AMA:
    ""Does the head of the AMA believe that eating vegetables and fruit with a side of well sourced meat/seafood/eggs to be a dangerous way of life? If so can they please share the evidence that this way of eating is detrimental to the health of human beings.""

I do think including the cancer survivor was not the best choice. Or perhaps if they had made it more clear that they aren't suggesting just diet changes to treat cancer. The autism patients were already doing conventional therapy, which they were able to reduce after being on the diet a while, so it doesn't have that same worry, IMO
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was on keto for 5 weeks and lost 23 lbs. After the 2nd week though my gall bladder became inflamed and it was a miracle if I pooped more than 3x a week. Beans are not the enemy, lack of fiber is.