Daily accomplishment thread

hipari
hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
In my heart, I’m just a big hippie who wants nothing but happiness to everyone in the world, including myself. Sometimes my short-term cravings and mental clutter get in the way of the big picture, so I’m making this a daily reminder to myself, and anyone else who wants to join even for just one day, to stay positive and keep going on our path, wherever it leads.

I don’t only want to lose weight, I want to make my life and myself better in every way. This won’t happen overnight, so reminding myself of all the good I DID do and any successes, big or small, might help staying motivated and true to these goals. Everyone is welcome to join in the good, no matter what your goals are!

For me, this is a mix of a gratitude journal, NSV’s, scale victories, straight-up being proud of myself, and sending positive vibes to the world.

Today’s accomplishments:

- Kept my decision of having salad for either lunch or dinner, and since my coworkers wanted sushi for lunch I had a shrimp&mango salad for dinner.
- Sorted my laundry and let my new roomba do it’s thing around my bedroom, making my bedroom a cleaner place for me to sleep in
- Finished an annoying work thing that has dragged on for a while now, and many others also progressed. Maybe tomorrow I can cross some more off my list for good!
- Bumped into an old friend at the sushi lunch place, had a good chat and invited her along to my Saturday night midsummer bbq (I’m from Finland, and midsummer / summer solstice is a big national holiday weekend)
- I’m the sports secretary for my student organisation, and I came up with some new activities together with my partner: we’re going SUP boarding, having our own summer olympics, and checking out this new amazing race -type outdoor event thingy. Well, that, and a beer night for those who took part in last weekend’s orienteering relay.
- my boyfriend’s friends left some energy drinks in our fridge this weekend and we don’t drink them, so I took them to work and gave them to my colleague who does like those

I’ll do my best to post some accomplishments or good vibes every day, please join me!

Replies

• emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    My day isn't done yet but I can add some vibes =)
    I used to do a positivity journal years ago, can be so helpful in making sure you don't miss the positives amid all the stress/worries!

-Did my morning exercise video before work, was able to have full energy levels the whole video
    -Completed a set of quests on my MMO that I was wanting to do before work
    -Got the last part of a long, complicated project done at work. Once it receives boss approval I never have to look at it again!
    -Going to dinner with my husband once I get home, and have enough calories to not stress
    -Seeing Deadpool 2 with husband after dinner (finally!)
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    I love seeing other people celebrating wins :) those are great lists!

Some big ones for me today:
    Stretched and warmed up all sore my muscles
    I did some cardio and AB workouts
    My husband and I did yoga flow together
    Ate 5 servings of fruits and veggies
    Sent an email to try and figure out school stuff I have been procrastinating on
    Folded clean laundry that had piled up for days :)

• hipari
    Yay, you both have some amazing wins!

@emmies_123, which MMO? I've been itching to start World of Warcraft again, I haven't played that much since I completed my Loremaster achievement, that one took literally years.

I was going to stick to making my list every evening, but this was such a big one I have to share it immediately: Last week, I wore my new bodycon dress for the first time - finally, enough confidence. Well, today I'm wearing both the dress AND my new undies that are a size smaller than my old ones!
  • emmies_123
    hipari wrote: »

@emmies_123, which MMO? I've been itching to start World of Warcraft again, I haven't played that much since I completed my Loremaster achievement, that one took literally years.

I was going to stick to making my list every evening, but this was such a big one I have to share it immediately: Last week, I wore my new bodycon dress for the first time - finally, enough confidence. Well, today I'm wearing both the dress AND my new undies that are a size smaller than my old ones!

Great vibes!!

To answer your question, I currently play Final Fantasy 14. I played WoW when I was in college, couldn't afford the fee once I graduated so stopped. Went back for 3 months (halloween - christmas events) and it just wasn't the same.
  • hipari
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »

Great vibes!!

To answer your question, I currently play Final Fantasy 14. I played WoW when I was in college, couldn't afford the fee once I graduated so stopped. Went back for 3 months (halloween - christmas events) and it just wasn't the same.

Ooh, haven’t tried FF, but maybe I should give it a go!

Here’s some accomplishments for today:
    - powered through a big work project that made me stay at the office until 4pm even though I had planned on leaving at 2
    - for the first time probably ever, I turned down free champagne. Sacrilegious, I know, but I had planned an upper body workout at the gym for after work, and I knew I couldn’t go if I was tipsy. That’s what happens when you’re being responsible and not wanting to lift weights over your head while drunk. I did have some ice cream and fudge, though.
    - had a good upper body workout and got more comfortable with new weights, since I hit a lot of PRs last time
    - had an epically large miscommunication with boyfriend regarding groceries and shopping for midsummer celebrations, and now I’m considering going for a quick walk while our dinner is in the oven, just to cool off and make up for the walk I didn’t get because we didn’t do the grocery trip I anticipated. I haven’t actually gone yet, but the fact that this option even occurred to me is a win on its own!
  • emmies_123
    Hipari, I sent you a message to continue MMO discussion, so we aren't diverting the thread =)
  • hipari
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    Hipari, I sent you a message to continue MMO discussion, so we aren't diverting the thread =)

Did not get a message yet. Oh well.

I did go on the quick walk last night! It was super calming and I even turned off my music just to connect with nature for a little bit. Helped me hit my daily burn, too!
  • emmies_123
    Daily positives for 6/20:

-Got a super hard project done at work, never have to see it again =)
    -Started another hard project at work, waiting on approval before submission, then never have to see again =)
    -Had enough calories left to enjoy a good serving of ice cream!
    -Played a decent chunk of my 3DS game plot

Daily positives for 6/21 (pre-work)

-Played through some game demos I'd been meaning to do
    -Completed two class quests on my MMO
    -Did my exercise with max energy entire time
    -Prepped healthy lunch for today and tomorrow at work
    -Got to work slightly early for a change (yay traffic)
    -Relatively light workload, first day to breathe after a hectic few weeks
  • hipari
    Yay, those are amazing!

Afternoon positives for 6/21:
    - hit a new low on the scale!
    - woke up early, had a glorious lie-in and still had time for a run while it was still sunny (raining now...)
    - the run was great, I’m excited to work on my running
    - purged my t-shirt, sweater and knitwear shelves on my closet, I now have a box of stuff ready to be donated, got rid of the biggest stuff and.... drumroll please... EVERYTHING I had on those two shelves fit (except one sweater I bought this winter thinking I’d lose weight on my arms. I like gym too much, them bicep guns aren’t getting any smaller. The sweater wasn’t really my color, anyway)
    - I had a light lunch and will have a light dinner, so I have a LOT of room for snacks today - or, if I don’t get any extra snacks, a bigger deficit!

This weekend is midsummer / summer solstice, it’s a long holiday weekend in my corner of the world, and people generally do a lot of BBQ and drinking. I do have some treats and a lot of wine planned, but my goals for the rest of the week are to have another new low on the scale, remember measurement day tomorrow, go on at least one run during the weekend, and enjoy the celebrations.
  • hipari
    It’s a happy morning here!

I did hit that new low on the scale and took my measurements, everything is looking good! Especially my hips went ”swoosh”, now I’m just waiting for my waist to do the same. Maybe next week!
  • emmies_123
    Afternoon Positives for 6/21

-Completed many small tasks that had been on work To-Do list for weeks. Feeling accomplished!
    -Steam Summer Sale started. Got 14 games for $44 =)
    -Completed plot point and unlocked new abilities on 3DS game
    -Worked on current cross stitch project. Completed one shade and prepped next color for future work
    -Caught up on web videos with hubby
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    This is just the kind of thread I was looking for 😍
    I have been using MFP for 4 days now and have been below my target calories for 3 days in a row
    I was able to use my foam roller on the entire length of my spine today
    I had a successful conversation with my mother
    My husband and I shaped our first bonsai plants together
  • hipari
    Morning positives and accomplishments for 6/24

- we had a great bbq party last night
    - my hangover isn’t nearly as bad as I feared it might be
    - I was smart enough to buy dinner for today in advance, so now I don’t have to haul my hungover self to the grocery store, which is probably the worst place in the world today, with around 80% of customers being hungover. I used to work at a store, and the worst shift I ever had was a midsummer sunday when I had to be manager. I was hungover, the rest of the staff was hungover, all customers were hungover.
    - I still have to go clean up after the party (it was at my mom’s house, she’s aware of the party but I obviously have to clean the party business from her home before she comes back from the cabin), but it shouldn’t be too messy

Sooo, today’s positives were sort of the best in a bad situation? Well, at least the mindset is positive.
  • hipari
    This is just the kind of thread I was looking for 😍
    I have been using MFP for 4 days now and have been below my target calories for 3 days in a row
    I was able to use my foam roller on the entire length of my spine today
    I had a successful conversation with my mother
    My husband and I shaped our first bonsai plants together

Yay, welcome! I love foam rolling, and my boyfriend and I have entertained the idea bonsai plants for years but have never done anything about the thought.
  • jogetsgains
    Bonsai is fun! We found a bunch of plants on clearance and thought, "why not?"
    What is SUP boarding?
  • hipari
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standup_paddleboarding

It’s a water sport where you stand on a board that’s kind of similar to a surf board, and use a paddle to move in water. You don’t even get wet unless you fall!
  • jogetsgains
    I know what you're talking about! I want to try it badly. It is one of my lifting goals - to get strong enough to do that 😀
  • hipari
    I know what you're talking about! I want to try it badly. It is one of my lifting goals - to get strong enough to do that 😀

Great goal! My current strength goal is to continue lifting heavier things, and especially moving from the ”baby weights” to ”big boy weights” on bench press. My trainer and I call (at my iniative) the smallest weight plates baby weights because they look so ridiculously tiny on the bar, the big boy weights are 5kg and upwards. The bar itself is 20kg, I think, so big boy weights would make it 30kg on the bench. That’s a concrete goal. My other fitness goal is to run a 10K.

That reminds me, I forgot to share a huge accomplishment yesterday! I’m working on C25K and went for a run, thinking I was continuing with week 4. I always do the same route, and halfway up a hill I realized there should have been one full alternating round of walking and jogging before the hill even began, and I was still jogging without the first walking break. I had browsed the app a couple of days earlier to see how many workouts there are left, and hadn’t scrolled back to where I was. End result: I accidentally skipped a week, but still managed to do day 2 of week 5 instead of week 4!
  • jogetsgains
    I added 5's on the bar the other day for bench and I felt like an Olympian 😂
  • jogetsgains
    I added 5's on the bar the other day for bench and I felt like an Olympian 😂

5 lbs, i mean 😉