Options

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!

-I exorcised today
    -I danced for the first time in a long time
    -I didn’t murder my husband to taking my soup that I bought for lunch today 😂
    -I haven’t had soda in almost three weeks
    -I stayed under my calorie goal
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love dancing 😊
    I was so happy when I got to the point I was able to dance again.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Met calorie goal
    Handled a situation well: I was given a dress that I didn't think would fit. I tried it on fearlessly and it did not fit. The win is that i was not devastated. I know i will be able to wear that dress in 2 months or less 😌
  • Jedi_Jo
    Jedi_Jo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I completed week 7 day 1 of C25K. I ran for the full 25 minutes :)
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I love dancing 😊
    I was so happy when I got to the point I was able to dance again.
    Well my dancing was very reminiscent of the Carlton dance, but it counts lol!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Met calorie goal
    Handled a situation well: I was given a dress that I didn't think would fit. I tried it on fearlessly and it did not fit. The win is that i was not devastated. I know i will be able to wear that dress in 2 months or less 😌

That's an awesome attitude shift!

I was so proud I already announced my results to the big NSV thread, but I had my body composition measurements taken today. My body fat percentage and actual fat mass have lowered, I've lost a ton of visceral fat, and on top of all that I have gained muscle. All that has lead to the "ideal weight" being higher than before (the machine calculates it based on how much muscle you have currently) so I have less to lose, and this has also lead to an increased BMR. The bmr difference is 30 cals per day, which isn't much, but it's an extra 200-calorie snack per week ;)
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Well my dancing was very reminiscent of the Carlton dance, but it counts lol!
    Totally counts! 😎
    The sprinkler is my forte, though i do love a good lawnmower or snake 😂
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Yesterday i went out with friends, including my old binge-eating partner. I stayed within my goal despite being with someone who was completely uninhibited by food limits. That was my toughest trial til now.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    6/28

-Got my exercise when I woke up, despite being tired
    -Got through difficult work day, made worse so by being half asleep
    -Met with a friend for dinner out, did not automatically eat the whole serving
    -Free dessert thanks to lovely waiter, despite it being a week until birthday (saw card friend got me)
    -Watched movie and caught up with friend for rest of the night
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    -Did my monthly weigh in and down 5 lbs 😁
    -Spent a day out with my husband and didn't *have* to go out to eat to make the day feel complete. Did alot of window shopping and just grabbed a quick bite on the way home. Steadily divorcing myself from food dependency.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    @emmies_123 happy early bday
  • hipari
    Options
    Wonderful news, both of you!

I’ve been out sailing all weekend, and it’s both super fun and super challenging. My mom is the captain of this boat and there is little to no discussing foods with her. She does eat pretty healthy, but here’s the big but: she’s somehow of the opinion that adults only eat one proper meal per day, so we cover the rest of the day with sandwiches and, because it’s sailing vacation, casual day drinking. This is a carb-loading extravaganza.

Nonetheless, I’m pretty excited about my vacation, which includes three different trips that set some challenges to my eating habits:
    - in a couple of weeks, we’re coming back sailing for 5 days. Cue more sandwiches, day drinking and very little veggies.
    - I’m going hiking in Lapland with my friend for 5 days. Not sure about the foods yet, but probably all kinds of just-add-water meals. Challenging anyway.
    - in August, I’m going to Rome for a week. I can’t eat regular pasta, so I’m guessing it’s a week of eating risotto.

For the hiking and Rome, there should be plenty of walking and exercise to help creating a deficit even with more challenging food conditions. The sailing is what I’m more worried about. The real accomplishment here is that I’m paying attention to these things beforehand, so I can try having some control.
  • hipari
    Options
    Hi there, lovelies! It’s a new week, and anybody wanting to share any accomplishments or ideas or vibes is most welcome!

My biggest accomplishment last night was that I skipped a ”pre-planned” ice cream (not calorie-wise, but the ”I’ll get an ice cream while at the store” kind of planning) in favor of fresh strawberries. I also figured out my friend’s outdoors/hiking skills, so I’ll know better what kind of things I’ll have to teach her on our test hike this weekend.

Things I hope to accomplish this week:
    - get my hiking gear in order, possibly buy new hiking boots
    - organise the city adventure excursion I’m doing for my student community
    - go to the gym twice, go for a run twice
    - go on an overnight test hike with my friend and teach her some skills
    - read the book for Sunday’s book club
    - hit a new lowest weight, I’ve been pretty much stuck for a couple of weeks now and would like to see a new low
    - get all beginning-of-month stuff done at work
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    -Ate well today. Under calories and good macros.
    -Purging my momento boxes to make them more meaningful and not just a catch-all. It feels good to cut the fat there, as well.
  • emmies_123
    Options
    Positive vibes for 6/30 &7/1:

-Great last day of Summer Games Done Quick charity marathon. Loved all the games played
    -Completed latest section of story and ALL side quests available on 3DS game
    -Did LOTS of cross stitch. Nearing the final stretch of normal stitches on this project
    -Had room for delicious calories on Sunday
    -Organized bookshelves and PC games, created a donation pile and packed down PC games from original cases to one travel case. Lots of the downsizing could be recycled =)

Positive vibes for 7/2 am

-Prepped lunches for the week
    -Completed First day of HIIT program and feel great
    -Wearing a new skirt and it looks awesome on me when I walk =)
    -Weighed in and not only is water/hormonal weight gone, I am also down an addition 0.9 lbs from my previous low point!!
  • hipari
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    -Weighed in and not only is water/hormonal weight gone, I am also down an addition 0.9 lbs from my previous low point!!

Woohoo! I’m looking forward to hitting a new low point as well, hoping to hit it in a couple of days. I felt super bloated this morning but the scale hadn’t gone up, so I’m hoping there’s actual weight loss under the bloat.

Vibes for 7/2 (and some leftover from the weekend):
    - bought new hiking boots, and some other hiking gear/supplies
    - did my workout, so 1/2 gym workouts of the week are now done
    - had this awesome salad with bacon, halloumi and fresh pineapple for dinner
    - did a round of laundry
    - my Fitbit has my burn at 2800 cals and there’s still one hour of the day left, so I’ll be at about 900 calories deficit for today. That’s higher than my normal deficits, but should even out the weekends a little bit.
    - over the weekend, we discussed a lot of wedding details with my mom, and we came to an agreement of what she’ll be paying for. As of now, we are lucky enough to have my dad pay for catering and my mom pay for drinks, and those are the two biggest expenses. Sure, there are still expenses like clothes, photographer, venue etc., but the biggest ones are now covered.

• emmies_123
    Options
    Congrats Hipari!

I'm not sure when your wedding is but if you can try to lock in prices soon as you can. I was able to book all the big vendors in 2016 for our wedding in 2017, so prices did not go up on our contract for the new year.

And remember you can do a lot with very little. I highly recommend pinterest for DIY ideas on decor, even if you aren't particularly crafty you can do plenty. Also, if you and your partner already live together you could trade wedding gifts for favors (hey can you help me make this thing, hey can you do my makeup, etc)

If you want any ideas or brainstorming friend let me know, sometimes it helps to throw ideas at someone outside the family =)
  • hipari
    Options
    Thanks emmie!

Our wedding is in August 2019, and we have the venue and photographer booked. Luckily our venue is pretty much our style and doesn’t need a lot of decorating, since it’s right by the seashore (it’s the clubhouse of a local sailing club) and our wedding date falls on the last Saturday of August, which is a big traditional holiday on the coastal areas. There are many names, but the Night of the Ancient Fires and Venetian Night are probably the most popular ones. Traditionally, houses on the coast and islands light bonfires or lanterns, and there are often fireworks in bigger harbors, so we are utilising the sea-and-fire theme in our decorations as well :)

We’ve lived together since 2011, and are planning on asking for honeymoon donations as wedding gifts. We have all possible household items, but we don’t have money to pay for an awesome honeymoon on our own. Some of our friends will be asked for some favors, especially the musically skilled ones ;)
  • hipari
    Options
    Also, while we’re at the subject, I have to gush a little. We recently got our ceremony church booked (there’s a specific booking period for the next summer season, and you don’t necessarily get the church, date and time you want), and we got the church we wanted. It’s this amazing, albeit giant, gothic cathedral, if you want to see photos just google ”johanneksenkirkko helsinki”. Johanneksenkirkko means St. John’s Church. That’s where we’ll be getting married, it will be grand, and it will be awesome.
  • emmies_123
    Options
    so jealous! We got married in a country club, which was the perfect size but didn't have the same gravitas that comes from that kind of church wedding. So happy for you Hipari!!