Daily accomplishment thread

Options

Replies

• jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today
    -Met my calorie goal
    -carried two big, heavy things uphill to the front of the house without my back hurting
    -said no to ice cream😯😯😯
  • dodgowan
    dodgowan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Managed my first 5k (on a machine) for about 6 months. Next step is building up to a 10k.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    dodgowan wrote: »
    Managed my first 5k (on a machine) for about 6 months. Next step is building up to a 10k.

I'll be coming after you on the 10K thing! Currently working towards a 5K, then continuing directly to 10.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Dodgowan & Hipari =)

Positive vibes for 6/23 - 6/24:
    -Celebrated hubby's birthday by eating out (and still stayed in calorie limit!)
    -Party with hubby's family - delicious food and good fun
    -Spent 2 hours in the pool, only slightly sunburned
    -Passed on some of my childhood treasures to our niece, who loved them
    -Did lots of stitching. Finished some milestone portions on current piece
    -Progressed plot and side quests on 3DS game
    -Progressed plot on Hidden Object Game
    -Able to watch "Summer Games Done Quick" from start to bedtime yesterday.
    -Completed class quests for 4 toons, all leveled to new tier in space of a day

For those interested in games and speedruns, "Summer Games Done Quick" is a charity marathon, raising money for Doctors without Borders. It runs through 6/30 and has many great games being speedrun. Google if you want to check it out =)
  • hipari
    Options
    Great vibes, emmies!

I’m feeling so much better than this morning.
    - I’m feeling hydrated again, after basically drinking for two days straight and then being hungover for the third day
    - I’m not sure if I’m coming down with a cold or not, so I did a lighter workout, but I still did it
    - I asked the front desk at my gym about locker rentals, they’re pretty cheap and I’ll definitely be renting out a locker where I can permanently store gym shoes, shampoo & conditioner, my gym water bottle etc., so I don’t have to carry those back and forth all day every day. Then I can comfortably fit the rest of my gym gear in my handbag (after I get the magical mini towel I’ve been drooling over, my friend has one and it goes into such a small space you guys wouldn’t believe)
    - Basically rage cleaned half the apartment, but it’s so much cleaner now and the place no longer gives anxious and frustrated vibes just from trying to relax with netflix when every corner is bursting with random crap and dust. I even took the recycling out, and took three bags of old clothes to the donation box (they were already sorted and bagged, I just hadn’t taken them out)
    - While I was cleaning, my boyfriend cooked dinner and, true to meatless monday, we tried a mexican/southwestern shakshuka thing, which was delicious and low-calorie - perfect for recovering from a weekend of devouring everything in sight.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    Under calories goal
    Completed my workout including doing drop squats for the first time (and survived😀)
    Had a positive attitude all day
  • emmies_123
    Options
    6/25

-Did my full body workout before work
    -Prepped lunches for M-W this week, prepped work snacks for entire week
    -Played a large amount of plot for HOG on PC
    -Made it home from work before the thunderstorm started
    -Finished available side-quests on 3DS game, ready for more plot!
    -Good amount of stitching completed
    -Enough calories in budget for ice cream =)
    -Got to watch Summer Games Done Quick from time I got home to time I went to bed. Many awesome runs, incentives I wanted got met
  • hipari
    Options
    6/26 (yesterday):

- had to skip my planned workout due to having a cold, but my day was active enough that I hit my burn anyway
    - I went for drinks with a friend and we had such a lively discussion that we sat for three hours with just one drink, so I only spent 150 cals
    - we also went shopping, and I got a new purse that I’ve been needing/wanting for a while now
    - second consecutive day of being under my calories, which is good after the weekend splurge
    - my Amazon order with new running gear has finally shipped
    - I got a work project and it’s related official applications done (the decision will come in around 10 weeks, so it’s going to take a while to see if I need to provide more documents or something, but for now it’s done)

Today I’ll be hitting a big bunch of errands and other to-do’s, I’ll report back on whether I get everything done. Here’s some of my list:
    - go to the health care center and get my blood pressure checked
    - have a session with my personal trainer
    - pick up the printed and binded book versions of my master’s thesis (it looks like a real book!)
    - return my old textbooks to the library, and turn in the book version of my thesis (I received a research grant / scholarship / award from them, and the rules are you have to give them a copy of your finished thesis)
    - figure out which classes I’m taking in the fall, see if I need to take an exam in August, and pick up the book for that if necessary
    - load my travel card for my commute ticket
    - rent an overnight locker from the gym so I don’t need to haul everything back and forth and I can leave some gear there (shoes, shampoo etc that doesn’t need laundry)
    - get the book I’m supposed to read for the new book club that was founded in my student organization
    - also get some work done and go to a meeting at the office (I work part-time so I can decide my own hours)

After getting all that done, I think I’m good for afterwork drinks with a friend (one of my maids of honor, actually), even if I only pop in at work for an hour or two.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I got my exercises in and managed to stay within my calorie range for today. Whew!

Sleep and repeat!
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I had a fun day and still managed to stay in a caloric deficit
    I didn't lie (to myself) on MFP about the calories I had today.
    Played badminton for two hours 😀 great cardio.
  • emmies_123
    Options
    6/26:

-Got cardio done before work despite being super tired
    -Completed what I needed to at work for the day
    -Stuck to calorie goal, had room for small chocolates at end of night
    -Got to watch Metroid and Sonic block on SGDQ charity drive =)
    -Finished current Hidden Object Game!
    -Completed large section of plot for 3DS game
    -Good amount of stitching completed before bedtime
  • hipari
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    6/26 (yesterday):

Today I’ll be hitting a big bunch of errands and other to-do’s, I’ll report back on whether I get everything done. Here’s some of my list:
    - go to the health care center and get my blood pressure checked
    - have a session with my personal trainer
    - pick up the printed and binded book versions of my master’s thesis (it looks like a real book!)
    - return my old textbooks to the library, and turn in the book version of my thesis (I received a research grant / scholarship / award from them, and the rules are you have to give them a copy of your finished thesis)

- figure out which classes I’m taking in the fall, see if I need to take an exam in August, and pick up the book for that if necessary
    - load my travel card for my commute ticket
    - rent an overnight locker from the gym so I don’t need to haul everything back and forth and I can leave some gear there (shoes, shampoo etc that doesn’t need laundry)
    - get the book I’m supposed to read for the new book club that was founded in my student organization
    - also get some work done and go to a meeting at the office (I work part-time so I can decide my own hours)

After getting all that done, I think I’m good for afterwork drinks with a friend (one of my maids of honor, actually), even if I only pop in at work for an hour or two.

It's 5pm and most of these are done! The rest will get done as well, except for figuring out the classes, since it turned out that the info isn't available yet. I did figure out my fall semester will be a lot easier anyway if I take one of the remaining exams in August, so I picked up the text book.

Also, during my workout we added extra weight to some exercises that had previously been bodyweight only! Sure, I used to weigh more, but still.
  • emmies_123
    Options

Also, during my workout we added extra weight to some exercises that had previously been bodyweight only! Sure, I used to weigh more, but still.

Awesome Hipari! So satisfying when you can start lifting extra weight.
    If you don't already, I recommend you create notes on exercise diary on days you do weight exercises that record what the weight used and how many reps you did in good form. This will help you track subtle changes in your strength.

• hipari
    Options
    emmies_123 wrote: »

Awesome Hipari! So satisfying when you can start lifting extra weight.
    If you don't already, I recommend you create notes on exercise diary on days you do weight exercises that record what the weight used and how many reps you did in good form. This will help you track subtle changes in your strength.

Thanks emmies! I have done that in the past but struggled recently. Once I even bought star stickers so I could give myself a gold star for every PB :) Actually, I'm waiting for my Amazon package to arrive, I ordered a bunch of running gear and a new notebook/planner that I intend to use as a training planner and journal.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I think under armour has an app that helps you track lifting. I have been thinking about it but I haven't added it yet.
  • hipari
    Options
    Evening update: got the gym locker, forgot to load my travel card. Oh well, the ticket is valid until Saturday, so I have a couple more days to get it done.

I went for an afterwork pizza with my friend today, and the pizza was delicious, gluten free and wheat free. My friend is on a strict gluten free diet (celiac disease) and I can’t have wheat starches, but most gluten free pizzas are made from purified wheat, so this was a real treat. Also, we both have more vacation days than our boyfriends, so we started planning a trip together at the end of July. Currently our options are Ireland and Lapland, although there were also cheap flight tickets to Denmark, but she’s visited Copenhagen before. I’m pretty excited about both options, so hopefully we can finalize some plans and make reservations soon. Ireland would probably be a combination of Dublin + renting a car to see the countryside and coastline, and Lapland would be hiking.
  • hipari
    Options
    I think under armour has an app that helps you track lifting. I have been thinking about it but I haven't added it yet.

Thanks for the suggestion! The gym I go to is literally underground and the wi-fi isn’t that good, so everything that requires connectivity is ruled out. Also, gym is my ME time, and sometimes I put my phone in airplane mode just so nobody can bother me. No apps are suited for that, either ;)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    I didn't nap today.
    That is an accomplishment
  • hipari
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    I didn't nap today.
    That is an accomplishment

That is totally an accomplishment. Seriously, congratulations.
  • jogetsgains
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion! The gym I go to is literally underground and the wi-fi isn’t that good, so everything that requires connectivity is ruled out. Also, gym is my ME time, and sometimes I put my phone in airplane mode just so nobody can bother me. No apps are suited for that, either ;)

I'm glad you found a journal you like, then. :)
    I like seeing everything on paper but I always forget my journal :D