Where do you lose weight first?

Options
13»

Replies

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    The first place I noticed was my lower back fat (ugh). Then my collarbone area, hips and arms. Still have fat on my thighs and tummy.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I lose and gain evenly all over. The last place that retains fat on me when I am at my lowest weight is my legs.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Last gained, first lost. For me that means my upper abdomen goes first, but not the lower belly. Then face, arms, breasts. I probably won't lose from my lower body for months, and it will be hard going to get my thighs back to anything resembling my pre-gain days (which are now 20 years ago). I know from having been very fit before that my belly will likely remain a little softer forever unless I really work to get to a lower BMI and lower body fat %, and I doubt it will be worth it at my age. I'll be happy with being lighter and stronger and a healthy weight that will be relatively easy to maintain--no desire whatsoever to aim for fitness model stats!!
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my face and arms first. Then my chest and stomach. My legs are stubborn and are definitely the last place I lose weight. I have about 25lbs to go before I get to my goal and I swear it's all in my legs. Lol
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I gain weight the same way you'd layer on butter. All over, all at once, expanding slowly. I lose weight the same way. Like slowly peeling off layers of butter, lol. Which means I get tiny changes all over. Which starts to get frustrating when you see inches moving but in teeny tiny amounts. Until I think about how they all add up.

Still, it'd be awesome to have slender legs. I JUST GOTTA WAIT for the layers of butter-fat to dissipate.

Patience is hard, lol.

I’m the same! I notice from my middle first as that is naturally my smallest part. It did mean that suddenly everyone noticed my weight loss because the whole of me was so much smaller!
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I lost weight around my face and neck and shoulders first. Not where I really want to lose it, but I'll take it! The rest will follow!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Stomach....my bloody legs it's the opposite, I never see any difference whether I am bulking up to 175 or cutting up to 155 lbs.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    Stomach....my bloody legs it's the opposite, I never see any difference whether I am bulking up to 175 or cutting up to 155 lbs.

Same. I wear two completely different sizes on my top half and bottom half. My thighs just seem to be in love with thier size and refuse to budge... Waist line, that shrinks fairly quickly.