Keto - Day 4 - Looking for friends

Options
Hi,

I am on Day 4 of Keto and looking for others who are following the Keto way of life. I am new to this WOE so I would like to find people so we can support each other and ask questions of one another.

I am 48 and work full time as a teacher. I am happily married (21 years today) and am a mom of 3 teenage daughters (18, 17, 14) who keep me very busy :smile:

Please send me a friend request

SW 233
CW 208
GW 150

Replies

• ljarrett526
    ljarrett526 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also attempting to do the same.
  • co4short
    co4short Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out Keto Support Group - Caitminusweight (I think) is the person who created the group.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
  • sassydehaasy
    sassydehaasy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also a teacher starting Keto. I’ll add you! :-)
  • franneegd
    franneegd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    day four as well! Not doing great but I'm going to get the hang of it. I need to buckle down and get my plan together. I'm use to cooking and love it, so I should do fine. I check into the site to log, but not always to read posts. I should try and see if it helps me. I'll check in more often.
  • cmmorgan853
    cmmorgan853 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not doing full on Keto but changing lifestyle to low carb. Full time wife, mother of 3 (11,9,6), and LPN.
  • WillMonkey67
    WillMonkey67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Keto has entered our house too. Since I am the cook plus work full time I get more anxious when he is seeking other food plans. We tend to eat fresh, local and low carb anyway so just having to make a few adjustments. Both very active - been losing weight which is not good for the strength I need to have for my career. Sneaking some wild rice and popcorn! Found out yesterday after eating ice cream how terrible it used to make me feel - and did not know it until being off the sugars for awhile. Solidified that the low carb and no sugars does make a positive difference.
    Any one else trying to eat healthy but not wanting to lose weight?
    50 year old female firefighter and 52 year old IT man. No kids. Just a funny crazy dog.
  • jlval1989
    jlval1989 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I lost a good two and a half stone last year, through Keto. Well needed! I've been maintaining - more or less - on a "regular" diet, but am switching back to Keto.

Another stone to go, and I prefer how I feel when I'm eating this way. Better energy levels, better concentration, better sleep.

Can't lose!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am also just starting out only been about 3 days for me as I actually started 7 days ago but working myself off sugar because I do not want Ketoflu again man I did that back in September when I started which ended in a big crash in april not due to the Keto just life curve balls... Here are a couple in house groups for Keto WOE hun hope this helps like it is helping me.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/127202-keto-support-group

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

8565183.png
  • shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I’m a fellow ketoer... Been at it for almost 5 months now, and loving it! I have an open diary, and love encouraging all of my friends! I’m in need of some mutually supportive friends as well. Feel free to add me! Having keto friends definitely helps! ;)
  • GypsyLny
    GypsyLny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, new here & doing keto. Happily married mother of 3 and a grandma of 5 ❤️😉 Everyone needs friends 😁
  • Krissylynn423
    Krissylynn423 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on keto also for last few months. Feel free to add me 😊
  • wowright81
    wowright81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New as well. Just starting keto let’s get it done!!!
  • armymil87
    armymil87 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Been on the Keto Diet since May 12th 2018. Be glad to assist anyone in regards to Keto and their goals. Add me if you like :).
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Keto since 1/2018. Feel free to add me!