Sometimes being a woman sucks...

Options
13»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I hear ya girl. Fluctuations can be frustrating. When the scale isn't being kind to me, I like to check my measurements - especially my waist measurements. Measurements are much slower to change, but they're more forgiving than the scale!

I don't think measurements are very helpful at TOM... at least they wouldn't be for me ;)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    PWRLFTR1 wrote: »
    Sorry, but of all things that suck about being a woman, weight fluctuations wouldn't even make my list.

Not being able to pee in the woods is number one.

Why can't you pee in the woods? 😂

You are right. I CAN peed in the woods, just not nearly as easily as someone with male genitals.

At least not without worrying about peeing on your feet.
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    “Woo”
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Sorry, but of all things that suck about being a woman, weight fluctuations wouldn't even make my list.

You are right. I CAN peed in the woods, just not nearly as easily as someone with male genitals.

In the woods? Pretty easy, if you don't have to fight the mosquitos or worse (yikes!), and there's adequate privacy, however you define privacy.

Find a small tree (say, 3-4" trunk), ideally on a slope, if there are any slopes. Unbuckle, etc. Positioning body on downhill side (if there was a slope), grab the tree trunk and squat. Pee. You almost have to work at it to dribble on your feet.

That desert or all-rock scenario isn't as helpful, though. ;)

They do make . . . devices . . . for this, though. ;)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @AnnPT77 There are plenty of huge boulders to hide behind however, rattlesnakes also like to hide behind boulders too. I’ve seen one too many on hikes. I like them better stretched out in the open.

On road trip to Death Valley, at the last stop, I bought a huge bottle of water. I was thinking there would be someplace to pee along the way. Nope, not even a bush or boulder. Now on road trips or hikes I only sip water.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    You think this is frustrating??? Wait until you get to play "Fun with Hot Flashes".

I'm almost 52 and have been waiting impatiently to play "Fun with Hot Flashes". WHERE THE HECK IS MENOPAUSE???
  • kshama2001
    Options

I gave you an insightful for that. On long hikes with my husband, he gets to pee and I don’t. I live in a desert, so peeing behind a tree is out of the question.

I'm not in the desert, and do pee in the woods.
  • kshama2001
    Options

Amateur :p
  • kshama2001
    Options
    I think some of you should look up "GoGirl"

Ok, that was fun :D
  • pinksunnyrose
    pinksunnyrose Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    My weight loss graph from the past 6 months (when I started) is ALL ZIG ZAGS!!! The trend is ever so slowly downwards but each day is an emotional roller coaster!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So, just checking to see if any guys have come along to man'splain things yet and am treated to female peeing methods.

Love this place :)

Isn't that what you're here to do?
  • deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Preach to choir, my fellow woman!!! Although, sometimes that weight gain is a good thing. I gain almost exactly 2lbs the day before my period starts - aka, 2lb gain = know to NOT wear my nice underwear the next day.

But yeah, it's annoying.

Hahaha yess!!!! No nice panties for a few days. Funny how we have to think like that. "What's the situation like today? Oh no then these are all out of the question where are my almost-garbage-but-i-keep-them-for-my-heavy-days panties lollll"
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,761 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    So, just checking to see if any guys have come along to man'splain things yet and am treated to female peeing methods.

Nah, he's just in to say something cute & be a hug magnet. It worked, too. ;););)
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

In the woods? Pretty easy, if you don't have to fight the mosquitos or worse (yikes!), and there's adequate privacy, however you define privacy.

Find a small tree (say, 3-4" trunk), ideally on a slope, if there are any slopes. Unbuckle, etc. Positioning body on downhill side (if there was a slope), grab the tree trunk and squat. Pee. You almost have to work at it to dribble on your feet.

That desert or all-rock scenario isn't as helpful, though. ;)

They do make . . . devices . . . for this, though. ;)

I live in the desert..... So yeah
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »

Nah, he's just in to say something cute & be a hug magnet. It worked, too. ;););)

It always works. He collects hugs like ACV posts collect woos, and he likes it. Don't let him say otherwise :tongue: