this is an important announcement...

Options

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    What makes you think it was only the men?

I was always told that men sweat and ladies perspire.
    [/quote]

The saying is:
    Women don't perspire, they GLOW.

One could also wear medicated powder, such as Gold Star, to reduce the bacterial odors of a sweaty body.
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    LMAO
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

The saying is:
    Women don't perspire, they GLOW.

One could also wear medicated powder, such as Gold Star, to reduce the bacterial odors of a sweaty body.
    [/quote]

Then you could use it as chalk for your sweet deads.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Then you could use it as chalk for your sweet deads.

I guess this thread deserves to be derailed, so I am going to go there. I've heard that lifting chalk cannot be replaced with talc or cornstarch powder, which tend to be the bases for body powders. Is that not right?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I would say not right, talc and cornstarch are rather slick, and cornstarch has a neat quality of having very little friction when wet.

Chalk on the other hand stays crispy, even in milk, it's also part of your balanced breakfast.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Join a womens only gym...problem solved:drinker:

Work out at home. Problem solved.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you are reading this thread and thinking, "what is the OP talking about, nobody smells at my gym", then its probably you. :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Join a womens only gym...problem solved:drinker:

You've obviously never been in a female locker room with a group of sweaty old ladies parading around nekkid.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I would say not right, talc and cornstarch are rather slick, and cornstarch has a neat quality of having very little friction when wet.

Yeah, that's pretty much the reasoning. I would put baby powder (or body powder) on my shins, maybe, to prevent the bar from scraping the *kitten* out of them as usual, but using body powder on one's hands seems to be asking for trouble.
    Chalk on the other hand stays crispy, even in milk, it's also part of your balanced breakfast.

I put chalk in everything, even my cauliflower ice cream.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    In my experience, bad body odor isn't from sweating AT the gym, it's from not washing your gym clothes or not bathing in the past 72 hours. Exercise sweat isn't usually stinky... not like stress sweat is.

Agreed. But also some people just have stronger odors than others no matter how clean they may have been before.

I know someone who has body odour issues. He showers every day but by the afternoon he smells like he hasn't showered in a week. This is with clean clothes every day. Sometimes it just can't be helped.

You know, like in a gym......
  • dbmata
    Options
    Cauliflower Gypsum and Vanilla Bean! A scoop a day keeps a doctor, a minor, and a mortician at bay!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    That's funny bc when I go to the gym and start sweating I lift my arms up to air out. All the females catch the pheromones. Cardio bunnies start doing squats next to me. The zumba class stops their music and starts doing lat pull-downs with their eyes eagerly watching. The grandma's get out of the pool and start doing deadlifts pumping heavy then letting the weight drop to get my attention. ****s crazy man. I have to take showers mid workout and wear sweatshirts sprayed with my wife's perfume just to get my workout in with all the distraction around me.

Oh, and rule #2 should be. Ladies, just because you're a lady doesn't mean you shouldn't wipe down your equipment after you use it. It is not attractive to go to the rowing machine and see some vag sweet waiting there for you..........or is it?
  • mrsduke2924
    mrsduke2924 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

uh- huh - horses sweat, gentlemen perspire and ladies "glow".
    Unless you're me after a proper workout - when I'm afraid I do sweat, :)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    To the dude who said women should stop wearing makeup to the gym....

I go to the gym after work...I'm not taking extra time to wipe my makeup off so I can cease looking "stupid" for you.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny.

My pits never stink, and I don't wear deodorant. The chamois in my cycle shorts after 1 session is positively reeking though.

Proud to pong. Mark of effort.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny.

My pits never stink, and I don't wear deodorant. The chamois in my cycle shorts after 1 session is positively reeking though.

Do you have real chamois? If so I bet that stinks to heaven.
  • dbmata
    Options
    To the dude who said women should stop wearing makeup to the gym....

I go to the gym after work...I'm not taking extra time to wipe my makeup off so I can cease looking "stupid" for you.

T_T

QQ

>_<
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    guys please, i beg of you, wear a good deodorant :) i was at the gym and nearlly passed out!!! the stench of man arm pit was stronger then the guys there!!!!
    I don't think this would help in many cases, unless one applied it all over one's body . . .
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    My strategy is to shave my pits every time I shave my body hair and *kitten*.

Pretty effective.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny.

Do you have real chamois? If so I bet that stinks to heaven.

Nah. And I might have been exaggerating a bit.

There is a bit of a whiff but only if I bury my face in it.