this is an important announcement...

Options
1235»

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Join a womens only gym...problem solved:drinker:

agreed, joining a place where 90% of the people there dont so much as push themselves past midly uncomfortable would certainly be better.
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Speaking on this topic, does anyone know a good deep cleaning detergent that will pull the smells from the armpit stains on shirts? I have one workout shirt that I just can't seem to get the smell out of.
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It is not attractive to go to the rowing machine and see some vag sweet waiting there for you..........or is it?

There's a few in my gym who look like they might enjoy that a bit too much.

Let's be honest, I'm one of them.....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    This was fun...now let's do Asparagus pee.

or discuss the biochemistry of why eating too much curry makes you sweat madras sauce

*pcastagner I'm looking at you* (for the biochemical explanation, no idea if you eat curry a lot and sweat madras sauce or not)
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I dread to think what the guys in my gym call me behind my back then...:blushing: my lifting gloves reek, even to me and have recently started to take on a life of their own, but hey not there to impress them with my sweet smell just there to lift
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I would like to remind you all of Space Corps Directive 196156: http://youtu.be/DjDd-T8IXsk?t=2m41s
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Speaking on this topic, does anyone know a good deep cleaning detergent that will pull the smells from the armpit stains on shirts? I have one workout shirt that I just can't seem to get the smell out of.

Tide Sport with Febreeze. If the smell is really bad (sometimes my husband doesn't bring his gym towel home to wash for weeks), I throw white vinegar in the washer.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Oh god. I'm already paranoid anytime I get sweaty, even on a humid day without a work out. I'd be mortified if someone let me know I was the stinky kid. But I guess it is better to find out then to never know.

And Onion Vag.... I don't even know what can cause someone to create that smell I just don't....:noway:
  • alliebeth88
    alliebeth88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I understand it's a gym, and you're gonna deal with some stinkyness, but it's also a public place and as such people should try to make an effort to not stink up the place by at least making sure they practice good hygiene and wear clean workout clothes in addition to making sure they wipe down the machines after use. It's common courtesy. It's different than if you're working out at home, then you can wear crusty clothes and throw hygiene to the wind if that floats your boat ;)

I drip sweat when I'm really working hard, so I know that wearing the same workout clothes 2 days in a row is a biiiiig no-no.