Replies

• Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    boehle wrote: »
    I am a few minutes north of Cincinnati

I’m a few minutes south of Cincinnati

Familiar with Milford? That is where I am.

Oh yes! Was just through there on Saturday

and you didnt even stop and say hi.
    Rude LOL

I waved!!! You didn't see me???
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Grew up in Pittsburgh. Said I'd never move to Ohio (eventually did).

Lived in several different states and been in many parts of the world.

Decided I kind of like Ohio.
  • Misty_1375
    If your not happy in Ohio get out.

You gonna provide me the funds to move?
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Former Lima born guy here
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Lived in Ohio briefly for around 3-4 months...I actually thought it was a nice quiet ideal somewhat rural "mare-can" place to live. Huge difference: people in Ohio are good drivers generally & very curtious at least from my perspective vs. big cities like Atlanta, NYC, Pittburgh, etc. Not for everyone (viewed as boring I guess) but I enjoyed OH.
  • Misty_1375
    Ohio isn't a bad place. The weather on the other hand, is HORRIBLE!!! We never get a spring. We just go straight from winter to summer. Today it's kinda cool here and by the end of the weeks it is supposed to be in the 90's. Oh and if you have allergies...might as well live on some Claritin or something.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    I love summer and early fall in Ohio, and Put-In-Bay is the best place to burn a weekend now and then... But, the six months of winter and overcast skies can truly, horribly suck with the worst of them...
  • Misty_1375
    I love summer and early fall in Ohio, and Put-In-Bay is the best place to burn a weekend now and then... But, the six months of winter and overcast skies can truly, horribly suck with the worst of them...

That's what I'm talking about! It reminds me of that movie Twilight and of that little town where the vampires could be out all day because there was never any sunlight.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Born and raised in Ohio. I have lived in Columbus, Cleveland and Cincinnati. I love the place convenient highways, plenty to do, Ohio State football, midwest sensibilities. However can't stand the winters. Been in Phoenix for 5 years. Not going back to live unless they do away with winter. Can't say much for the summers either. I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was 85 with 80% humidity. Much worse than 105 with 10% humidity.

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member

My Grandfather use to have a boat up in Put-in-bay before it was "the place to go". Love fishing off the bass islands.
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member
    Nw Ohio here. Love Put-In-Bay and the lake but spring is rough. There is aleays a fun city within an hour or 2 drive.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I've never been to Ohio.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    I love my Ohio life! I live in a beach community on the shore of Lake Erie. We have lots of community activities, a great social scene, lakeside walking paths, parks and beaches, & water sports.

I'm glad no-one else likes Ohio so I don't have to share this!
  • funjen1972
    Nw Ohio here. Love Put-In-Bay and the lake but spring is rough. There is aleays a fun city within an hour or 2 drive.

I spent Saturday at PIB...great place!
  • ClayBengal
    ClayBengal Posts: 124 Member

Pirate weekend! Hate that damn cannon!
  • funjen1972

Pirate weekend! Hate that damn cannon!

Arggghhh! So much fun!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    @funjen1972 & @ClayBengal hey neighbors! PIB, Cedar Point.....it’s what summer is all about!
  • funjen1972
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    @funjen1972 & @ClayBengal hey neighbors! PIB, Cedar Point.....it’s what summer is all about!

All in my backyard lol I'm sending you a FR and a message.
  • mandystar
    mandystar Posts: 271 Member

Wow, why so hostile?
  • Misty_1375

Wow, why so hostile?

Right?!?! I asked if they were gonna pay my relocation fees.