No carb diet

Options
Hi there. I’m trying to go on the no carb diet... does anyone have any recipes or tips and tricks they’d like to share???

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I’m trying to go on the no carb diet... does anyone have any recipes or tips and tricks they’d like to share???

Just meat and fat?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hmmm.. bacon dipped in olive oil. :sick:

Too early in the morning for that thought. Pardon me while I go revisit my breakfast... :sick:

Sorry. I'm heading to bed, and it was an unnecessary thought with which to end the day. If it makes you feel better, it will be at least another 8 hours before I further ruin your day! :laugh:
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Are you talking about "Low Carb" (such as, maybe South Beach or Atkins or Keto) or are you talking about "No Carb" as in absolutely no carbs at all?

There is a Low Carb Group in here and there is a Keto Group in here (I am in both). I will post the links to both.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @roseprice0128 I assume when you say "no carbs" you meant cakes and breads, etc. Carbs include a lot more foods than that, including veggies.

The question has been asked, but why do you want to try this diet? The why behind it helps us give you better answers.

Some people do well on lower carb diets.

Some do not (me included). It causes me to freak out and binge after about three days. I do better on a lower calorie diet without restricting carbs.

Most people here on MFP want to help you determine your best path for adherence and success, hence all the follow-up questions.

Ya, seriously, I am curious to know why the OP absolutely needs to get rid of all carbs at all cost and how the OP knows that's the diet that will make them stick to a caloric deficit. It sucks enough to you have to restrict your calories, even worse is restricting a lot of food choices too. Who knows maybe bacon and olive oil is her thing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Are you talking about "Low Carb" (such as, maybe South Beach or Atkins or Keto) or are you talking about "No Carb" as in absolutely no carbs at all?

There is a Low Carb Group in here and there is a Keto Group in here (I am in both). I will post the links to both.

South beach isn't low carb (neither the real version nor the bastardization it is now). Slow carb yes. Low carb, no. (maybe by S.A.D. standards). But yes, I'm assuming she means low carb or keto.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi all,

Lets wait for the OP to come back and clarify what they are looking for before continuing. Please take the jokes and what not to chit chat if you need to get em out.

If you want to debate the pros/cons of an all meat diet this thread has been created: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10677775/meat-only-diet/p1?new=1

Don't forget, you can always quote an interesting post, and use it to start you own debate if you wish. Saves me lots of work, which I appreciate :smiley:

Thanks,
    4legs
    MFP mod
  • Mandylou19912014
    Mandylou19912014 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Hey :) quite a lot of foods contain carbohydrates.. it’s in amongst so many foods that you probably don’t realise, such as dairy, milk, yoghurt, ice cream, fruit, grains, bread, rice, crackers, cereal, legumes, beans, any plant based protein, potatoes, corn, sweets etc the list goes on! To not have any of these foods will really restrict you and will cause you to lose vital minerals and fluids, this can cause you to become weak and tired and headaches and dehydration etc. I would perhaps try to consume fruit and vegetables as your carbs and maybe stay away from the likes of bread and pasta and potatoes etc?
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... this was my afternoon snack ...
    69fp9ztblscr.jpeg
    Hang on, wait ... that's a giant bowl of carbs! Ahhh, sorry!