restarting for the 100th time

Options
stephj1216
stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
Hey everyone!

So I'm not quite new to MFP, but I feel like I've restarted so many times it's crazy.... But here's my story.

I've been overweight all my life. Nothing crazy but just overweight. I moved away from my family in 2014 at my then highest weight and was able to drop 40 pounds healthily. I was in and out of relationships and was drinking a lot for a while and finally got into a new relationship at the end of 2015. With going out all the time for meals, I quickly put all that weight back on and hit my highest weight in December 2016. I saw a picture of myself and was disgusted. After that, my relationship took a turn for the worst. He was abusive, emotionally and physically. Not only did he beat on me, he called me fat and many other names. I was so stressed out with that and having to figure out how to pay bills on just my income since he refused to work, that I dropped 50 pounds without even trying.

Fast forward to May of 2017, he put his hands on me for the last time when he choked me until I blacked out. I left that day. I was at the smallest I had been in a long time. Then I met my now fiance. Again, with going out to eat all the time, we BOTH have put on weight. I am now back up my 50 pounds I lost.

Our wedding is next April and engagement pictures in 3 weeks!! So now, I am more determined than ever!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am glad you had the strength to leave an abusive relationship, and congratulations on finding "the one"!

You gave yourself plenty of time, so you are off to a great start.

~best wishes
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thank God you left that one; you might not be around to write anything if you had stayed. Good for you; I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Something someone told me about "restarting" that really helps: Each time, you have learned something--about what helps you lose, what doesn't help you lose; what leads you to gain, and what you have done to limit gaining successfully in the past. Think about those things and incorporate them into your lifestyle now b/c they will help you transition. Good luck and congrats on the engagement.
  • stephj1216
    stephj1216 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    mkculs wrote: »
    Thank God you left that one; you might not be around to write anything if you had stayed. Good for you; I'm sure it wasn't easy.

Something someone told me about "restarting" that really helps: Each time, you have learned something--about what helps you lose, what doesn't help you lose; what leads you to gain, and what you have done to limit gaining successfully in the past. Think about those things and incorporate them into your lifestyle now b/c they will help you transition. Good luck and congrats on the engagement.

You're right. It wasn't easy. But I am a firm believer in all things happen for a reason. Thank you for the advice about restarting! I really like what you said there!