New calorie goal got me STARVING 😭

Options

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Just curious how you are feeling about this advice, @OOODINA777 ?
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 205. I think sedentary gave me a goal of 1700 calories losing a pound a week. I am somewhere between that and lightly active, so I self selected 1800 calories. I typically eat back 200-300 of my exercise calories, averaging eating 2000 calories a day. I do cardio of 40 minutes 4-5 days a week and an interval training session for an hour twice a week that includes both strength and cardio. I'll throw.in yoga once or twice and do stretching each evening. My apple watch says I burn 2600-2700 calories each day. I'd also be starving at 1300.

Eat a little more! It's easier and your chance of success is higher.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm losing on target between 1-1.5 lbs a week.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yup. Eat more.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    girl eat more!! I use a fitbit that estimates i burn 2600-3000 a day. Im 5'9 and 220. I eat 2000 cals for a 2 pound loss a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    With your stats, you could eat more and lose weight. My guess is that you're also not doing anything with your exercise calories...when you move more you can eat more as well.

Did MFP give you that target? Is it for 2 Lbs per week? What did you put for your activity level?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    With your stats, you could eat more and lose weight. My guess is that you're also not doing anything with your exercise calories...when you move more you can eat more as well.

Did MFP give you that target? Is it for 2 Lbs per week? What did you put for your activity level?

Yeah, I put in her stats, made her 50 yo and sedentary, picked 2 pounds per week, and got 1220 calories per day.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,566 Member
    Options
    OP, please do check that all your data is correct: check gender, size and weight. And then run the guided setup again. Something is very off here.
  • zmida
    zmida Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 34 started at 223, currently 207, sedentary job and MFP gave me 1200 calories as my goal for a 2 pound lost per week.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Wish the OP would come back and say what she's doing for movement/exercise. Given the wishy washy comment "I try to get as much exercise as I can", I'm thinking in reality it's not much.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    1300 is too low. I'm also 5'8" and currently 174 and I have my weight loss set at 1 pound a week, which is a slow rate. My daily calorie goal is 1400 and I'm finding that it's just fine. I'm not that hungry except for right when I wake up.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't think OP is coming back...

I notice a lot of that here where a person with less than 10 posts asks their questions and then just disappear like if they were bots or something.
  • Wjames43
    Wjames43 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1300 is a bit to low and will leave you hungry and probably fatigued. Go for a graduall weight loss which will be more sustainable 😎
  • katkada
    katkada Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need friends on here but I don’t see how to add people can anyone add me? The more people the better!! 😋
  • OOODINA777
    OOODINA777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How did you get a goal of 1,300? If it's from MFP, what did you set as your goal rate of loss per week?

When you do exercise, are you eating back your activity calories?

Yes I do! The days I have little activity leaves me hangry lol
  • OOODINA777
    Options

Yes 2 lbs per week. I changed my weight as I lost some... hence the new calorie goal. I also do workout to eat more lol. The days that I dont... OMG.. hanger 😂😭
  • OOODINA777
    Options
    What do you have your calorie goal set to for loss per week?

2lbs