Eating Style

Options
13»

Replies

• SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the food or state of hangry. I am generally a very slow eater, except in extreme cases of famished, when I can stuff a loaf of bread in like a minute.

Other than that, some foods were made to be eaten with a fork and knife, others weren't. Seeing someone cut away at their pizza always makes me funny inside. Then again I feel perfectly fine asking the waiter for napkins in order to properly address drumsticks - end wrapped in napkin. I don't much care who gets horrified.

I like to eat things separately, from least favorite to most favorite. Playing with food or pushing it around is kind of annoying and distracting when somebody on the other side of the table does it.
  • smryan55
    smryan55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat fast but really depend on how hungry I am and how much I love the food im about to eat... cant stand when people lick their fingers when eating.... grosses me out...
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was an extremely slow, very prim eater. After 12.5 years of exposure to a family with very different table manners, I hate eating in front of people I'm not extremely comfortable with because I'm afraid that I picked up those habits during that time.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    When I was younger I was an extremely slow, very prim eater. After 12.5 years of exposure to a family with very different table manners, I hate eating in front of people I'm not extremely comfortable with because I'm afraid that I picked up those habits during that time.

"Different" table manners, eh? That's okay, don't tell. I'll leave it to the imagination.

I was trying to be diplomatic, but it's basically chewing with their mouth open and talking with food in their mouth. Sadly, it's a joke with my kids now that they notice the difference.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    At McDonald's I always get a Quarter Pounder hold the cheese, a 10 piece McNugget with sweet 'n sour, large fries, two apple pies for 99 cents, a bottle of chocolate milk and a large chocolate shake. I mix the shake and the milk together for more comfortable sucking. I eat the whole thing in 12 minutes and throw the cups, containers and wrappers on the floor of my car. The next day, after I sleep off the hangover, I drive the car 10 yards to the dumpster and throw away the refuse.

That's a lot of food!! Why do you drive around with your garbage until the next day?
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I am a mixer. For example, if I am eating rice and beans, I mix them together. I tend to eat all my food together.

The first few bites are the best. I savor certain things like wine or dessert.

If I am starving, I can eat my food too fast.