Keto Diet

Options
Anyone here doing a keto diet? Im not seeing any groups on here so establishing this post...? Maybe share experiences, recipes and the like. I justcstarted about six weeks ago and have lost 13 pounds so far. Still have a while to go to get to normal BMI and my ideal weight, but Im making progress on Keto without killing myself in the gym.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    There is a low carb forum. A few. Use the search feature for groups. I’d link them but I am on my cell phone.
  • ANewCJ2018
    ANewCJ2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to Keto. Any tips for a newbie would be very welcomed!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Been following the Keto Lifestyle for several months now and really enjoy it. I was able to avoid the Keto Flu at the beginning. Ask any questions that you might have. I will gladly try to answer. Glad to hear that there are several having success. There are also two groups....Low Carb is one and Keto is the other.
  • nofeatnodefeat
    nofeatnodefeat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am on Keto for 2 months. Looking for friends and inspiration. I have lost 18 pounds. Pl feel free to add me.
  • rgg71
    rgg71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try the Low carber forum

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

I've found it really useful since I started in October last year.
  • RockinOilyMomma
    RockinOilyMomma Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am interested in it, but have just focused on lowering carbs instead. If I can’t have potatoes, I at least want sweet potatoes 🍠
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Also, keep in mind that there are several versions of "Keto"!

There is the Strict Version! That is likely what most people think of when they hear "Keto"!

.....and then there is one which I was kinda sorta following when I was doing powerlifting and had not yet "converted" and was struggling. I would eat - of all things (funny how the world is sometimes) - a sweet potato about one hour before my training sessions (which were at lunch time for a good while - until the weight on the bar got up there enough to require a bit of a longer time frame between sets). I believe that is called the "Targeted" Keto. Not doing that any longer as I am not doing power lifting (for awhile....).

Anyway, here is a link: https://www.perfectketo.com/keto-diet-types/

Enjoy!