I need meal plan tips

Options
What are some meal plans that help you lose weight? Is it best to eat high protein food like chicken breast, tuna and turkey meat along with eggs to lose weight?
I do cardio now since Monday, today I did 4 miles and tomorrow I’ll be doing 5 miles. Everyday I go up by a mile. I do weight lifting everyday. So if eating frozen/fresh veggies with lean protein help lose weight? But should I eat 1,200 calories a day or less?
I really need to lose 30lbs before January because I’m signing up for The Air Force . Any information is very helpful . Thank you

Replies

• Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A caloric deficit is all that is needed to lose weight - not a specific meal plan. Put your info (age, weight, height, how much weight you want to lose per week, etc) into MFP and it will tell you your daily calorie goal. Read this:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • SincerelySB
    SincerelySB Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you're goal is to lose weight the only thing you need is a calorie deficit. There are a lot of strategies to get a calorie deficit. I'm a big fan of lean protein and veggies but if you are doing that much cardio and strength training 1200 calories is way too little. You're on the right track with meal planning and this is a great community for getting help. Here's an article that I hope is helpful. Good luck!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1399829/step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Nothing helps you lose weight. A calorie deficit over time makes you lose weight. Calorie deficit just means "eat less, move more". Any strategy that makes eating less/moving more, for real, consistently and for a long time, easier, is helpful for you. Losing weight is simple, but takes a concerted effort and commitment. Setting up your own meal plan is the least you should expect form yourself. Following it can be challenging. Trying to follow someone else's meal plan is a recipe for disaster. You need a balanced diet. I think you already know how to eat well, if you relax a bit and think.

1200 calories is the absolute minimum for a woman and only recommended in extreme cases (small stature, sedentary, old). It's also very little food and will make you hungry, hangry, lethargic, and crave, cave and binge. How fast you can lose, depends on how much you have to lose and your adherence to optimal calorie deficit. Nobody should starve themselves; with your goal you need your strength, so you can't starve yourself.