3 weeks in and I've just about had enough :-(

Options
1235»

Replies

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Um the OP stopped replying and closed their food journal.
    Yeah, but I'm still waiting on an answer to the "carbs are directly stores as fat" issue.

You won't get an answer because it's not correct. It's bad science sold by low carb adherents.........
    Oh, I'm aware. But she made the claim, offered a link to an article that did not back up her claim and then claimed she had other sources.

I'm patiently waiting.

Yeah, I'm with you. People who make broscience claims, when challenged, come up and make citations that either 1) as in this case, don't actually validate or even address the specific broscience claim they were challenged for, or 2) simply come from unscientific sources.

I got all amused a month ago when some anti-dairy crusader kept citing as her authority someone whose "credential" was president of some anti dairy advocacy / lobbying association. "But she's THE PRESIDENT!" lols If you don't like milk just don't drink it, more for me, calm down please!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but I'm still waiting on an answer to the "carbs are directly stores as fat" issue.

You won't get an answer because it's not correct. It's bad science sold by low carb adherents.........
    Oh, I'm aware. But she made the claim, offered a link to an article that did not back up her claim and then claimed she had other sources.

I'm patiently waiting.

Yeah, I'm with you. People who make broscience claims, when challenged, come up and make citations that either 1) as in this case, don't actually validate or even address the specific broscience claim they were challenged for, or 2) simply come from unscientific sources.

I got all amused a month ago when some anti-dairy crusader kept citing as her authority someone whose "credential" was president of some anti dairy advocacy / lobbying association. "But she's THE PRESIDENT!" lols If you don't like milk just don't drink it, more for me, calm down please!
    Don't tell, but I put a little cow's milk in my English breakfast tea nearly every day.

And I eat peanut butter that has ingredients other than peanuts.

SSSSHHHHHH!!!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options

Are you crazy?! YOU DO NOT NEED CARBS!!! That's insanity. .....You're killing yourself thinking you need to rely on carbs for nutrition. The absolute most opposite thing you should be doing!

Sorry. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you HAVE to eat REAL food IN BALANCE. ....

:ohwell: :noway:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I can't blame the OP. Lots of nonsense and judging instead of helpful advice. :angry:
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    asking a question and then refuting every suggestion isn't going to solve your problem. I've been on this site for a good 16 months, and am only pulling my head out my *kitten* now.
    it's calories in vs calories out. simple as that. unless a person has a metabolic disorder, IR thyroid problem, it's always going to BE that equation.
    I chase (literally) children and animals all day. I walk a lot (no car). I put my activity level at sedentary cause unless you're walking at a brisk pace for hours, you ARE considered sedentary.
    eating back the exercise calories will make you lose at a steadier, so-called healthier pace. it didn't even do that for me, mainly because....
    I wasn't weighing/measuring my food, and I was way off on portions. or being honest with my log.
    regular cola will also pack or keep the weight on. in addition to being a sugar mule, it bloats you.
    not trying to be a *****, but the amount of people who say they can't lose weight and refute every suggestion that they're wrong in an area, and have this idea that they must be one of the ones smited by the diet gods is astounding (I was one)
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    also, if you're active in any way, a person needs some carbs. you're eventually going to get sick unless you're doing nothing at all
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You are right, carbs are suger! The more carbs I eat, the more I want! I cut out diet pepsi and noticed I don't crave sugar!

/spoken word
    Sugar is a carb
    but are all carbs sugar?
    Is my broccoli sugar?
    But then
    perhaps everything is
    sugar
    in the long run.
    /spoken word

1355706565_applause.jpg
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I needs carbs though - I'm diabetic :-(

carbs and sugar are bad for a diabetic aren't they?

that's what I thought,especially the sugars.
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I needs carbs though - I'm diabetic :-(

I am diabetic myself and I eat carbs every meal but low carbs...generally 1/2 to 1 cup of rice or potato and or 1 slide of bread. I love veggies so eat a ton of them, usually raw.
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    deleted by user
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of Judgey Judgersons on this thread! Maybe, instead of being rude and condescending about things, you could perhaps try encouraging the poster?

As my maw said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything ;)
    Does MFP have staff somewhere whose job it is to post things like this in random threads?

Not that I know of. I just think that trying to be positive rather than crapping all over a person who is asking for help is a better way to go about things. If people don't call out people who are being jerky, those folks will just continue to think that that's a cool way to act.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of Judgey Judgersons on this thread! Maybe, instead of being rude and condescending about things, you could perhaps try encouraging the poster?

As my maw said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything ;)
    Does MFP have staff somewhere whose job it is to post things like this in random threads?

Not that I know of. I just think that trying to be positive rather than crapping all over a person who is asking for help is a better way to go about things. If people don't call out people who are being jerky, those folks will just continue to think that that's a cool way to act.
    I'm pretty sure people were offering the OP guidance.