Do you eat Breakfast?

I know the popular answer is "You're SUPPOSED to eat breakfast!!!" but I have noticed on the days where I eat breakfast, I over eat the rest of the day. So not sure if it's coincidence or what. Curious if anyone has had good results NOT eating breakfast. Usually, all I want upon waking is coffee and water.

Replies

• flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Not if I can help it! everytime I eat breakfast I want to eat the rest of the day. I skip it and then I don't go wacko with my food for the rest of the day. Basically I do a 8/16IF or intermittent fasting. Doesn't work for everybody but it works great for me!
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Nope, I can't stand eating breakfast. Meal timing doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    No.

Look at my ticker.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    If I don't eat breakfast I eat too much at a dinner and wind up going over my calories. I do best with around 300 calories each for lunch and breakfast, 400+ for dinner and then a snack.
  • Well, I agree with that but so many studies say that people who eat breakfast are thinner than people who don't. So I'm just wondering how true that is!
  • DiamondRidge
    DiamondRidge Posts: 62 Member
    Yes. I eat breakfast every day. Usually just a small one - but I have to get my body going. I can feel the difference when I work out if I haven't had breakfast - tend to feel sluggish...
  • infamousdrew76
    infamousdrew76 Posts: 176 Member
    I don't eat breakfast! Never really have! When I do it breakfast, it is really late, and really closer to lunch time!

You are just "Supposed" to eat! It doesn't matter when!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Meal Frequency comes down to Personal Preference and in my case Yes I eat Breakfast :drinker:
  • water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Well, I agree with that but so many studies say that people who eat breakfast are thinner than people who don't. So I'm just wondering how true that is!

Correlation does not imply causation.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    No, I'm not a morning person, I can't face food until I've been up about 4 hours. I stick with coffee till lunchtime.
  • True!
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    I never use to eat breakfast, but now I do. I use to feel the same way. Felt like on days I did eat breakfast I was starving all day long but that eventually went away.

I'm not one to make a huge breakfast, but I'll have plain greek yogurt with fresh berries or egg whites and turkey sausage, or a protien shake with PB2 and a banana. Quick things but I do have something.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Nope, I hate breakfast

I wake up around 5:15am, hit the gym, go to work and eat my first meal around 1pm

I do IF so I guess it's a bit different
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Double post
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Not if I can help it! everytime I eat breakfast I want to eat the rest of the day. I skip it and then I don't go wacko with my food for the rest of the day. Basically I do a 8/16IF or intermittent fasting. Doesn't work for everybody but it works great for me!

This. I like eating breakfast, but whenever I do I can't stop eating and I'm already at like 1,000 calories by noon. I've recently starting trying to hold off until "lunch" time to eat and it's been working wonders.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Meal Frequency comes down to Personal Preference and in my case Yes I eat Breakfast :drinker:

This! Do what works for you :flowerforyou:
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    No, usually eat my first meal at around 11am.
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    16/8 here. I train fasted in the morning 3 days a week. Breakfast for me is at 1PM
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    16/8 also. Breakfast for me is @ noon.
  • jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    I personally have to eat breakfast. I wake up hungry and I feel sick working out if I don't.