Do you eat Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    16/8 here. I train fasted in the morning 3 days a week while fasted. Breakfast for me is at 1PM

:drinker:
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Nope, I can't stand eating breakfast. Meal timing doesn't matter when it comes to weight loss.

I totally agree with this statement.
    Does a Large Coffee and Monster count as Breakfast? lol!
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    No, usually eat my first meal at around 11am.

same here. just not hungry when i wake up.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    No. I'm normally sleep.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I only have coffee in the morning, and I have lost 58 pounds. Don't believe the breakfast hype.
  • Yvie1950
    Yvie1950 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat breakfast. I also have lunch, dinner and two snacks. I have lost 5 lbs so far in 3 weeks. I also cycle 40 minutes 6 nights a week after dinner. Low blood sugar is the reason. I feel better and have more energy. I went to a dietician who helped me with food combinations. Carbs/Protein/Fat/Sodium/Sugar. My diary is open if you would like to look. Before I started using this site I lost 5 lbs. So I am at 10 lbs lost in 4 weeks. This I owe to my exercise and dietician. Breakfast really is the most import meal of the day. Have something you like even a simple as a piece of fruit and yogurt or whole grain toast with 2 tsp. almond or peanut butter. Eating something every 3 to 3-1/2 hours really helps. Good luck to you.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I believe that it might be true that the majority of thinner people do eat breakfast. However, majority can just mean 51% of the people. I've never seen an actually percentage associated with those studies, but I think it's save to say it's not 100%.

In my case, I try and eat something in the morning, but it doesn't always happen. A lot of the times it's just a small banana, other times it's more substantial. Depends on my mood.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    if i would skip any meal breakfast is the one that is always safe
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat breakfast. I also have lunch, dinner and two snacks. I have lost 5 lbs so far in 3 weeks. I also cycle 40 minutes 6 nights a week after dinner. Low blood sugar is the reason. I feel better and have more energy. I went to a dietician who helped me with food combinations. Carbs/Protein/Fat/Sodium/Sugar. My diary is open if you would like to look. Before I started using this site I lost 5 lbs. So I am at 10 lbs lost in 4 weeks. This I owe to my exercise and dietician. Breakfast really is the most import meal of the day. Have something you like even a simple as a piece of fruit and yogurt or whole grain toast with 2 tsp. almond or peanut butter. Eating something every 3 to 3-1/2 hours really helps. Good luck to you.

Breakfast being the most important meal of the day and eating every 3-3 1/2 hours are myths that have been debunked a long time ago.

It's up to the person to eat when they want and if they wish to eat breakfast or not.

But it that works for you it's all good. It's just a matter of preference
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I alway eat a breakfast, in fact on days when I run I eat 2. One before the run and one after. I would never make it to lunch if I didn't eat. As an ex teacher I must say we always told the students that they must eat breakfast or they wouldn't be able to learn. Here in the UK many schools provide breakfast for their pupils to ensure they do eat in the morning.
    Having said that you are all adults here so everyone will do what works for them, what works for me isn't everyone's cup of tea.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Not if I can help it! everytime I eat breakfast I want to eat the rest of the day. I skip it and then I don't go wacko with my food for the rest of the day. Basically I do a 8/16IF or intermittent fasting. Doesn't work for everybody but it works great for me!

Same exact problem. Even after a huge protein filled breakfast, 700 calories, I'd be hungry an hour or so later. I was always a breakfast eater until about 3 weeks ago. So now I Have a quest bar around 10 am, and the rest of my days calories are consumed between noon and 7. All eating every three hours did was make me hungry all day.

I sit behind a computer all day so no real need for calories early in the morning for me.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I know the popular answer is "You're SUPPOSED to eat breakfast!!!" but I have noticed on the days where I eat breakfast, I over eat the rest of the day. So not sure if it's coincidence or what. Curious if anyone has had good results NOT eating breakfast. Usually, all I want upon waking is coffee and water.

I eat breakfast every single day and I'm 5'6 and weigh under 115. I mean, calorie-wise, I don't eat anything approaching what you would probably call a "meal", but I have a single egg and a cup of unsweetened coffee almost every day. A little bit of caffeine, protein, and healthy fats and I feel 110% better that day than I would if I didn't eat anything.

If I ever skip a meal it's lunch because I'm on campus and busy all day, but even then I try to snack on something.

Edit to say that the eating three hours thing, though, does not work for me. I hate that idea. I eat three meals a day and have fruit or raw almonds whenever I'm hungry. That's not a weight control program, it's just how my body feels best and if I needed a weight program I would adjust it accordingly.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry, I eat breakfast. If I feel shaky, I eat breakfast. Most of the time, I'm not hungry, then I just drink water and coffee until lunch.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    *Snape voice* Always.
    I start doing stuff really early and I can't do anything if I don't eat. I am usually hungry in the morning.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I like to follow most days the "eat like a queen for BF, like a princess for lunch, and a peasant for dinner" so after sleeping about 6-8hrs I an SUPER hungry so I NEED to eat as soon as I wake up.

Studies have shown that from all those diets out there following that 1 (women) lose more body fat, and thats the weight we need to lose.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast and found I could go till late afternoon before eating anything, but then I would over eat.
    Now I have a breakfast everyday usually an hour after I've got up and yes I eat more meals, but less calories and I've lost 23lbs.
  • esme1983
    esme1983 Posts: 60
    Options
    I always ate breakfast because you were "supposed to" and had the same issue. However, I know eat meat and nuts and eggs for breakfast and it keeps me on track all day. I'm more likely to skip lunch through still being full :)
  • tsimblist
    tsimblist Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    16/8 also. Breakfast for me is @ noon.

Ditto

And I train fasted 5 or 6 mornings a week.
  • marcgo2
    marcgo2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I usually have a Quest Bar or protein shake.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Like many poster here, I am just not hungry first thing, so normally a couple of cups of tea, and first food is around noon