Old people probs

18911131420

Replies

  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 959 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    ecjim wrote: »
    It was no big deal because we only had 3 channels

    Yes but those channels were spaced apart so it took an effort to turn the knob to those other channels. A few clicks at least.

    It did take some effort to turn the knob - How would you log that under exercise ?
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜

    I do this all the *kitten* time. It's the worst.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,953 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    empresssue wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »
    When you turn on the TV by standing up and walking over to it then look for Gunsmoke you know your memory has left you behind!

    I remember having to get up & walk across the room to change the channel.

    I lmao when my ex-hubby lost the remote & panicked because he wouldn't be able to turn on the TV & change the channel. He's a year older than me, so I reminded him of our youth. He wasn't amused, but I was :naughty:

    It was no big deal because we only had 3 channels

    And an antenna.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,953 Member
    ecjim wrote: »
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    ecjim wrote: »
    It was no big deal because we only had 3 channels

    Yes but those channels were spaced apart so it took an effort to turn the knob to those other channels. A few clicks at least.

    It did take some effort to turn the knob - How would you log that under exercise ?

    At least 20 cals per click, plus cals for walking across the room to change the channel, plus cals for adjusting the antenna. That adds up quickly. :lol:
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    New rules in mah life:
    1. Don't trust farts
    2. Don't waste erections
    3. Don't pass bathrooms
    4. Ibuprofen is part of warm-up and cool down
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,953 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    New rules in mah life:
    1. Don't trust farts
    2. Don't waste erections
    3. Don't pass bathrooms
    4. Ibuprofen is part of warm-up and cool down

    NEVER pass a flushie.
  • New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »
    New2ket0 wrote: »
    Hiding things in a safe place then forgetting where that place is 😬😜

    I do this all the *kitten* time. It's the worst.

    Haha me too! yea you don’t have to be old for this one 😂
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    I still go to step on the clutch while driving!
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I still go to step on the clutch while driving!
    And for the switch on the floor for the high beams? I miss THAT distinctive sound.

  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I still go to step on the clutch while driving!
    And for the switch on the floor for the high beams? I miss THAT distinctive sound.

    I also miss that and the Kill switch! I really thought no one else knew where it was except me!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,187 Member
    When every conversation with longterm work contacts quickly becomes "When can you go [retire]?" because they know you've been working for a gazillion years.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,524 Member
    Restaurants are always so dark. And the print on the menus is so small. I usually end up whipping out my phone to shine the light and magnify the type.
  • Josh_From_Louisiana
    Josh_From_Louisiana Posts: 42 Member
    My right knee hurts now and again. Old knee injury when I was younger lets me know to slow down now. The problem is I am only 33.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 959 Member
    When they talk about some famous person, singer, or actor, who got married , divorced, OD'd , or died, and I never heard of him or her, or the TV show or movie they did , or heard any of their music or know the name of their band. That's OK because I wouldn't like the music anyway
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,077 Member
    When I go into 'young people' trendy stores and have no idea who's singing the song or what the song is playing or I think to myself that this sht music is too loud.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 959 Member
    81Katz wrote: »
    When I go into 'young people' trendy stores and have no idea who's singing the song or what the song is playing or I think to myself that this sht music is too loud.

    If they were playing ZZ Top then the volume would be fine
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    The most popular artist of today's youth seems to be a group named "autotuned"
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,953 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I still go to step on the clutch while driving!
    And for the switch on the floor for the high beams? I miss THAT distinctive sound.

    Before I knew it existed, I thought my dad was magically turning on the high beams.