Options
124»

Replies

• spark107goal
    spark107goal Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thank you all for the input!

I'm at a point where I'm trying to lose the last 5-10 pounds, so I think it really messes with my head when I get on the scale.

And I have really severe fluctuations.... I'd "gain" 5 pounds overnight or randomly go down 5 pounds but measurements are the same.

Ah.... 😓😓😓
  • sgriska
    sgriska Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Daily every morning, though sometimes I weigh again at night just to compare.
  • keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Spark, you are so wise! Tracking measurements, calories, and other healthy lifestyle changes is so much more reliable than an arbitrary number.
  • breezydan
    breezydan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daily
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Daily. Normal weight fluctuations can make it hard to see trends on a day-to-day (or even week-to-week basis). Also, I love graphs.

s4nkg5amukxq.jpg

Love tracking my trend! Also a very cool feeling when my goal expected weight loss (-1.0 pounds per week), matches the actual current rate for weight loss.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    75% of people successful at maintenance weigh themselves at least once a week. I wish they had it broken down within that. I think the people who weigh themselves twice a week or more are over 50%. So only 25% of people who weigh less than once a week are successful at keeping the weight off.

http://www.nwcr.ws/Research/default.htm
  • Almina
    Almina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Daily a.m. but only log weight once a week. Have found that if I an up a bit on weigh in day it
    Is less frustrating if my daily is averaging out. Sometimes when I log in I might be up a pound
    Or two so by weighing every day I have a good idea if it is just fluid retention. Usually she that
    happens the next week I an down three or four pounds.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    So you guys use the same scale (at your house)?

Use the same scale anywhere but you should be consistent. I believe most people here weigh themselves first thing in the morning, after they go to the bathroom and before they eat.
    If you get discouraged easy weigh yourself once a week. If you can handle the daily ups and downs weigh yourself every day.

The other day I weighed myself at home before I left for the doctor, the doctor's scale had me 1½lbs heavier. Different electronics produce slightly different results. Your body is changing things around as well. It is important to be consistent.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh myself every morning. But right now I’m taking a summer course in a different country, so I’m not weighing myself for a month - let’s see what happens
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Multiple times a day. I used to get worried about the scale fluctuations but now I don’t. I’m logging it all in an app and it’s interesting to see.
  • jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Worst time 3 -4 times a day . Currently I’m doing good I only weigh 2-3 times a week . I try to not get to obsessed now :)
  • fanofsinatra
    fanofsinatra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me.
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after I pee. it's just routine.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    truff69 wrote: »
    Every day, first thing in the morning after going to the loo.

Two reasons:

1. I want regular weighing to become a lifetime habit. Too often I've lost weight then stopped weighing myself, allowing me to pretend that it wasn't creeping back on again (it was, with a bit more each time). If I'm gaining, hopefully being aware of it will mean I do something about it sooner rather than later.

2. Daily fluctuations mean that weekly weigh ins don't always give a true picture. I'm also not so emotionally invested in how much I have or haven't lost that week - those results could so easily ruin my day unnecessarily.

The bolded is exactly why I am weighing each day and have learned I just need to do it always.