JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ Round 47

Options

Replies

• puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    3DCAKE wrote: »
    7/24-193.1- damn you Panda Express...lol Clean eat today!!!! Gym:shoulder day, HIIT treadmill. Will walk the dogs tonight. :) IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, FIX YOUR PONYTAIL AND TRY AGAIN!

7/21-93.1 - no change...

@3DCAKE, no change? Girl, you lost 100 pounds! :lol:

L2HS wrote: »
    7/25- 226.0 Yippee! Good day food wise. The universe heard my plea for a morale boost and 2 separate co-workers commented on my recent weight loss. No one had said anything prior to yesterday. One even called it drastic and asked what I was doing. I introduced her to MFP. 7/26

I'm glad you got your boost, @L2HS. I'll admit that I have mixed emotions about people noticing my weight loss, especially when they think I'm doing something other than counting my calories and moving my butt. Those conversations always get so awkward for me. I think I'm just weird, though.

7/25 - 147.6 - 1297 - 10-day ave 1405
    Could it be that I'm losing now that I've decided maintenance is fine? Sure, why not? We shall see.

@SheilaBoneham, you know that's how the universe toys with you! :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your concern, comments and prayers for my Granddaughters friend and her Grandmother. The initial report was that they were victims of a drunk driver, but I learned later on in the day that that wasn't necessarily true. The police are investigating. All around tragedy. The mother of the little girl not only lost her only child, but her mother as well. The mother is a teacher at the daycare my granddaughter goes to, so she probably will not return. Her mother is gone, so no consoling factor for her grief. The woman that killed them is only 22 years old. For the rest of her life, she will live with the fact that she caused two peoples deaths. I dearly love children and I'm an emotional person, so yesterday was a crying day on and off until the end. So very sad.
    I don't know if my granddaughter or any of the children at the daycare knows about what happened. My DIL was telling me that the daycare director seems to not want the parents to tell their kids. She wants to tell them when they are all together at the daycare. My DIL wants to tell my granddaughter, my son wants the daycare to handle it. I side with my DIL on this matter.

What a terrible tragedy. I agree with your DIL that is a parents job, not a daycare teachers.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    •7/22 - 189.4 (clip)
    •7/23 - 199.2 - Early weigh in.I can still feel the tiredness through my body. :tired_face: 45g carbs, 37g net carbs. Fresh peach, cottage cheese, salad, salsa, peanut butter.
    •7/24 - 188.2 - Early weigh in. 46g carbs, 34g net carbs. Spaghetti squash, salad, salsa, peanut butter, marinara sauce, watermelon, guacamole.

Oh yes, you were tired. I knew you didn't suddenly gain 10. :smirk:
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN! (I can't find all the earlier posts about protein bars, etc., so I'm shouting instead of tagging....) :D

Anyway, I thought I'd comment on protein sources based on my 3.5 year journey, 70+ pounds lost and many lessons learned.... This might be useful for some of you looking for protein sources.

Protein bars - I have used them, and for a year or so I depended on them heavily to get my protein in -- Quest Bars
    were my favorites because of high protein content and variety of flavors. But I finally realized that many of my digestive issues (read: panic!) were linked to the bars, even one a day. So I looked around for other good protein....

Let me say that I have no problem hitting my macro goals on average (I don't worry on a daily basis but look at a 7-day average). We all set different goals, but mine are P 15-25%, C 35-55%, F 25-35%. I have many meatless days, so allow for the extra carbs when my proteins are plant based (usually whole grains + beans or lentils).

Here are some of my favorite real-food protein sources....
    • - liquid egg white - 7 grams protein in 1/4 cup: I use them in a variety of ways but 3 favorites are -- 1/4-1/3 c. in my overnght muesli breakfasts, cooked as omelette or scrambled eggs (w/veggies & cheese), microwaved in bowl (1 min, add 1 oz good full fat cheese, 1 more min -- yum!).
    • - Lifeway plain low-fat kefir - 3 gr per 1/4 cup: I use this in my overnight muesli instead of mixing yogurt + milk. I love the slight tang and the consistency. I also sometimes have berries in kefir - delish! (Stay away from the flavored kefirs - sugar city!)
    • - canned wild salmon and tuna -- 6-7 gr protein per ounce. I prefer Wild Planet brand -- wild-caught salmon and skipjack tuna (which has less mercury than albacore). (Lots of info on their website about nutrition, fish quality, and sustainable fishing.) I usually eat a full can of skipjack (5 oz.) on a salad or mixed with guacomole + veggies + sometimes cooked egg white, or half a can of salmon the same way. Many ways to use these!
    • - chicken breast -- 5 gr protein per ounce raw. My go-to recipe is to cook breasts in pan in a little olive oil & low-sodium soy sauce + quartered or chopped onions. I make extra to have the next day on salad. But obviously there are many ways to prepare chicken.
    • - black beans - 7 gr protein per half cup. I use them everywhere! I buy canned, rinse them thoroughly in a colander to remove sodium and gunk, and store in fridge. I put them on salads, in "Buddha bowls" or brown rice or other whole grains, or just mix with half a cup of brown rice with raw veggies + salsa + sometimes guacamole or avocado. Hot or cold - very satisfying!
    • - chick peas - 7 gr proetin per half cup - see brown rice above for uses

Also, it pays to check protein content of grains, veggies, milk products, etc. Many have more protein than you might imagine. Green peas, for instance, have 4 gr protein per half cup. Cheddar cheese has 7 grams protein per ounce. I always look at the whole picture for each food -- not just the protein, but also the carbs, ADDED sugars (I don't worry about natural sugars in milk products, for instance), fiber, fat....

OK, maybe TMI, but maybe of use to some of you. And now I am hungry!!! :smiley:

I will add, though, that after 3+ years of avoiding most junk food, including all my old binge friends (nacho chips, candy bars - you know), I don't even want them for the most part, and when I do, a little bit does the trick. I walk a lot and often come home hungry, but instead of craving junk, I usually am either simply hungry (an ounce of cheese or a piece of fruit work), or I'm craving something healthful (and often when I check my MFP diary it turns out that what I'm craving is the macro I'm short on for the day - go figure!). So sticking to the plan pays off in many ways in my experience. And yeah, once in a while I blow it!

Thank you for this. I wasn't even discussing the protein bars, and I plan to incorporate these into my plan.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    puttyputty wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Last time I was on this journey I was just pooping out around July/August - I told myself I had worked hard an needed a "break" and fell off the wagon almost completely because I was so sick of it all. This time I'm feeling more energized than ever and wanting to continue doing what I've been doing because its not punishing work its just my life now!

@AJB1014, I think this is the key for me. I'm not punishing myself. I'm living my life in a sustainable way, with ups and downs. I'm nearing 30 pounds lost, not at any sort of rapid clip, but without really ever feeling that I'm doing something hard. I can't guarantee I'll never lose this mindset, but it's served me really well for almost 8 months.

Yes, exactly! So glad we have found what works for us! My grandma always told me, "If it doesn't work one way, try another!"
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    •7/22 - 189.4 (clip)
    •7/23 - 199.2 - Early weigh in.I can still feel the tiredness through my body. :tired_face: 45g carbs, 37g net carbs. Fresh peach, cottage cheese, salad, salsa, peanut butter.
    •7/24 - 188.2 - Early weigh in. 46g carbs, 34g net carbs. Spaghetti squash, salad, salsa, peanut butter, marinara sauce, watermelon, guacamole.

Oh yes, you were tired. I knew you didn't suddenly gain 10. :smirk:

Lol, you caught that. Actually, the original post is correct, 190.2. This 199.2 happened when I was replacing some of the text, touched the 9 instead of zero and the app froze before I could correct it.