Garlic Diet

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ezaleon wrote: »
    I read something that eating 6 cloves of roasted garlic can be very beneficial to your body and such and promote weight loss among other things. I know you should not eat that my h raw garlic but what do you all think? Has anyone tried it? I might ask my doctor about it in August but I wanted opinions form you all too, especially if you have done something similar.

It will help you lose weight if it helps you consume fewer calories.
    6 cloves is quite a bit of garlic to eat for many people.
    Generally claims that if you eat an excessive amount of one food you will get some great health benefit are not true and may actually be somewhat harmful rather than helpful.
    It is good that you are questioning this and will speak to your doctor.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/443569-how-many-cloves-of-garlic-can-you-eat-in-a-day/
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Something about garlic people love, it makes dishes taste SO much better! I would think of it more as an appetite stimulate. Fun fact I will chop up tiny pieces of a garlic clove to mix with my beta fishs food when he's feeling sick and not wanting to eat, it's supposed to stimulate them to eat and has some healing properties 😉. So we aren't the only animals that find garlic to make us want to eat more.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've always loved the dish, roast chicken with 40 cloves. Basically, the garlic is roasted in the same pan as the chicken. The roasted garlic in chicken juices is very rich, and tastes beautiful on bread or just with the meal. I could easily eat 6 or more cloves like this, and it's extremely filling/satisfying. Very good for you, too. Obviously, whether or not you lose weight eating this will depend on whether or not you eat in a deficit. But it could certainly help you to maintain a deficit by filling you up!
  • tracybear86
    tracybear86 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    w4ra5mea5b1p.png
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Ok, now that's something I can get behind.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    She's not going to be happy when her doctor says everything that's already been said on here.

Ha! Right? Unless her doctor is an MD and not a nutritionist.

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you only want to hair what you want to pear right op?