Garlic Diet

Replies

• walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    mmm i have an irresistible craving for shwarma
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    A Peep sighting! Oh, @tincanonastring, how you are missed!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    A Peep sighting! Oh, @tincanonastring, how you are missed!

*sigh* PeepCleanse (TM)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Mazda_Mx5 wrote: »
    You are better off grabbing a hand full of Almonds.

No way! At least garlic is only a few calories. A handful of almonds would set me back 200 calories which I would rather spend on ice cream in this heat.

200w.gif
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    She's not going to be happy when her doctor says everything that's already been said on here.

Don't be so sure. I once had a doctor tell me if I wanted to lose weight I shouldn't eat anything that was white.

I had a doctor tell me to make sure I got lots of " color" and variety in my diet, I went home and ate a pack of skittles.

Don't forget the clear fluids:

1472.jpg

To make it compliant with color variety:

9ab0fe68e0b5a9ae44fba6d66561b39b.jpg

This thread is a delight, and these choices look amazing! Maybe I’m doing it wrong. From now on I’m only drinking clear liquids and eating colorful foods. Now pass me the M&Ms!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Unless you happen to like eating roasted garlic, there is zero reason you should do this to yourself.

However, roasted elephant garlic makes a great spread, and six cloves (not heads, just cloves) isn't all that much. Roasted garlic has a more nutty and less intense flavor and is creamy. So go ahead if you love garlic. Otherwise please don't. The health benefits of a bunch of garlic are not significant enough to be worth eating food you don't like.
  • nutmegoreo
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    She's not going to be happy when her doctor says everything that's already been said on here.

Don't be so sure. I once had a doctor tell me if I wanted to lose weight I shouldn't eat anything that was white.

I had a doctor tell me to make sure I got lots of " color" and variety in my diet, I went home and ate a pack of skittles.

Don't forget the clear fluids:

1472.jpg

To make it compliant with color variety:

9ab0fe68e0b5a9ae44fba6d66561b39b.jpg

This thread is a delight, and these choices look amazing! Maybe I’m doing it wrong. From now on I’m only drinking clear liquids and eating colorful foods. Now pass me the M&Ms!

Glad to be helpful!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

Can you post the studies that show garlic kills viruses? That's a new one for me.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

Lol no.
  • nutmegoreo
    NovusDies wrote: »
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.

I KNOW you are not trying to invalidate vodka peeps as a valid lifestyle choice. :rage::grumble: