Garlic Diet

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.

I KNOW you are not trying to invalidate vodka peeps as a valid lifestyle choice. :rage::grumble:

It might not make everyone sick 2cazde709ws3.gifbut Seagrams is so bad to me that not even garlic can fix it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    1472.jpg

The rule for Seagrams is never drink anything that Bruce Willis didn't sing about.

I KNOW you are not trying to invalidate vodka peeps as a valid lifestyle choice. :rage::grumble:

It might not make everyone sick 2cazde709ws3.gifbut Seagrams is so bad to me that not even garlic can fix it.

There are other Vodkas. Just saying, you don't have to give up on Vodka Peeps. You could try other alcohols too, but then you'll lose the PeepCleanse (TM) benefits.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    1472.jpg

There are other Vodkas. Just saying, you don't have to give up on Vodka Peeps. You could try other alcohols too, but then you'll lose the PeepCleanse (TM) benefits.

I didn't disparage vodka peeps just Seagrams. You vodka peeps people are so defensive. :mrgreen:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    1472.jpg

I didn't disparage vodka peeps just Seagrams. You vodka peeps people are so defensive. :mrgreen:

It's like we have a soft marshmallowy middle surrounded by a boozy blur.

I snorted. At work. :laugh:

Good luck you don't have to worry about being ladylike!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    1472.jpg

I'm imagining someone's face as I pour my Grey Goose over Peeps.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove wrote: »
    1472.jpg

:laugh: I'M NOT A MAN!!! :laugh:

Absolutely not. You rocked that dress last weekend, my dear :smirk:
  • nutmegoreo
    1472.jpg

That settles nothing. I've seen men rock dresses too. Sadly, better than me. *sigh* Somebody pass me the Peeps jar. :cry:
  • pinuplove
    1472.jpg

That settles nothing. I've seen men rock dresses too. Sadly, better than me. *sigh* Somebody pass me the Peeps jar. :cry:

That's part of the fun :worried:

I don't like peeps, but I'd probably eat anything today if it was soaked in enough vodka :tired_face:
  • nutmegoreo
    1472.jpg

That's part of the fun :worried:

I don't like peeps, but I'd probably eat anything today if it was soaked in enough vodka :tired_face:

You can just drink from the jar and leave the Peeps for those of us with really low standards.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    I'm going to be a bit of a contrarian here, even though the OP looks to be long gone.

Many many products specifically use the words "promote" or "help" for doing things. I've come to the realization that when they say that, it means that they don't actually do the things. Those are things that they can easily state and have them be "not evaluated by the FDA" or somesuch. It also makes the claims extremely vague and misleading. "Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles", for example. No real claim. Doesn't actually remove wrinkles, just helps reduce their appearance.

To me there is a difference between claiming something will make you lose weight versus claiming it will "promote" weight loss.

That said, it appeared to me that OP thought there would be a tangible effect....to which I, and most of you, doubt.

But the point is most people buy these things believing that they will cause weight loss, not because they think that it doesn't because of the vagueness of the product sales fluff.

That's actually the point I'm trying to make (probably awkwardly). The claims, which are not evaluated, are vague (on purpose by using the words "promotes" or "helps") allowing those who do not engage in critical thinking to take them at face value. It's a genius marketing ploy that works across so many products.

So true. I got taken on a $60 face cream and I still have wrinkles!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2018
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

Along these lines, I've had excellent results with using garlic at the first signs that a yeast infection is coming on. https://midwiferytoday.com/mt-articles/garlic/

A garlic clove in my hoo-hah. So many comments... :D

ETA: Typing hoo-hah made me wonder if vagina would get *kittened*. Let's see...

ETA2: Guess not.
  • pinuplove
    I eat 3 cloves of raw garlic if I feel a cold coming on: it kills viruses. Raw garlic is also known for stimulating hunger; I read one anecdotal incidence of weight loss with it. If you eat it in the evening and make all of your family eat it too then nobody in your home will notice the smell but pity the poor unexpected visitor :D

Along these lines, I've had excellent results with using garlic at the first signs that a yeast infection is coming on. https://midwiferytoday.com/mt-articles/garlic/

Ah, thread drift at its finest :lol: And yet somehow, we're (sort of) back on topic!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

Ah, thread drift at its finest :lol: And yet somehow, we're (sort of) back on topic!

I think uses for garlic is definitely on topic!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Don't Woo me until you've tried it!