BEST DIET

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    tobybear72 wrote: »
    So is eating less sugar, bread, processed food a good way to start?

If you don't find those foods filling, sure, eating less of them so you can create a calorie deficit while eating foods you do find filling is a great place to start.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I created my own Positive Food Management Plan. I do everything on my own terms. Eat food I like with movement I enjoy by simply taking it back outside.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    blb85 wrote: »

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this article. I am a member of the weight loss registry though.

I'm not diabetic nor am I at risk of being diabetic. Also, when higher GI foods are eaten with other foods, it lowers the GL.

Again, I think you're under some weird assumption that we're saying to just eat crap...nobody has said that. I eat a primarily whole foods based diet, which includes plenty of grains and starches and other "no-nos" even though something like a potato is packed with nutrition. I also have indulgences...they do not make up a large % of my diet. I'm pretty sure having a slice of my 6 years old's birthday cake on Saturday night was just fine...or am I going to die from the sugarz?

You communicate well... for a ghost.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

You keep saying that I don't know what CICO is.... So then why don't you tell me? Is it not Calories In vs Calories Out? YES. And it functions whether you pay any attention to it or not. It is NOT A DIET.

Then how do you know how many calories you are getting in? You use a food scale, measuring in grams and using accurate logging entries.
    And how do you know how many calories you are burning? You guesstimate and let time and trial tell you if you are correct.

Because I have tried to not log before, and I knew I could only consume 1500 calories, but I was getting frustrated and emotional around food choices and ultimately gaining weight. - Try a food scale.

I'm a 5'0" female in my 30s with a low metabolism. - Then 1500 calories may have been too many.

I was getting frustrated that I was watching my calories and feeling like I was going to have to do this for the rest of my life. I would feel guilty for eating a cupcake when they were being passed around at work, because I knew I would blow my entire day of I did. Or feeling like I ruined my entire week because my work brought in pizza. So how is that fun? - That mental stuff is on you, not CICO.

So for me, breaking down the different macro-nutrients that the author did in her book and explaining what fat does, what protein does, what fiber does, what glucose does helped release the anxiety for me. - Great. Glad you found what works FOR YOU. CICO still applies, though.

How getting a serving of fat, fiber, protein and greens helps calm hunger hormones and keeps me balanced and makes me feel better. So again, why is what I'm doing nonsense if there is science behind it? And because it worked for me? And I know it actually works for others too. And there is plenty of research showing that we all should be more aware of glucose/blood sugar levels. And you know what, I can actually now walk past donuts without going crazy for one. Or I can have one bite (or even a couple) and know what it's doing in my blood stream, and then I can go get-up and make sure I use the glucose that I just consumed and be active to burn it off. Or I can have pizza, but I make sure to volumize it now with vegetables and salad so I don't go over-board; and then I don't feel guilty; because I finally understand what the food choices I'm making are doing to me. And I'm finally not calorie counting either! - CICO still applies. It is NOT counting calories.

I'm done getting attacked. This is why I hate writing on these boards, because you always get people who seem to think they are so right and aren't willing to be open minded. I found facts regarding what I found about balancing blood sugar to find food freedom and weigh what I want without obsessing over calories finally. I was trying to give someone who asked, The OP, some advice since it helped me. But didn't realize I would just get bulled around by others who seem to think they know so much more then scientists and actual research; who just want to nit-pick at every little thing I say, because it doesn't sit well with them to think otherwise.

Just go read up about blood sugar before you come attack me and some tips that I got that finally helped me. You really want to help people? Go educate yourselves, instead of bullying others around who have. - We have educated ourselves, and are trying to fight the woo by helping to educate others. CICO happens. You have no choice.

Done and out, because frankly, just don't care anymore to see what you are going to nit-pick in this.

You beat me to it. She will still argue however, I can feel it in my bones.