1000 calories a day

Replies

• Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    crb426 wrote: »
    35 pounds in 5 months is 7 pounds a month (not week), which is perfectly acceptable. I have a feeling you are eating more than you think, thank goodness.

Are you using a food scale? You are probably eating closer to 2000/day or more.

Today I ate 3 4.0 oz Turkey breast that's 360 calories and I scan it on MFP i legit have to eat granola bar to hit 1000 calories what am i doing wrong
  • Jay2God
    35 pounds in 5 months is 7 pounds a month (not week), which is perfectly acceptable. I have a feeling you are eating more than you think, thank goodness.

Today I ate 3 4.0 oz Turkey breast that's 360 calories and I scan it on MFP i legit have to eat granola bar to hit 1000 calories what am i doing wrong

How do you know they are 4oz, are you weighing them? 4oz of raw turkey is 129 cals according to the USDA database so that's already incorrect and 390 not 360. Also how are you cooking this, do you add any oil/condiments?

From 390 to 360 not a big difference it's not going to get me over 1k calories and how much calories does oil and condiments usually have?
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Why not make your diary public and we can see if you are making any rookie errors...also do you eat this way consistently, even at weekends?
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited July 2018

How do you know they are 4oz, are you weighing them? 4oz of raw turkey is 129 cals according to the USDA database so that's already incorrect and 390 not 360. Also how are you cooking this, do you add any oil/condiments?

From 390 to 360 not a big difference it's not going to get me over 1k calories and how much calories does oil and condiments usually have?

Oils and condiments have A LOT of calories in them. A tbsp of olive oil for example can contain 120kcal.

If you're not measuring your oils or condiments with measuring spoons, you're almost certainly adding more than you think. A tbsp of heinz ketchup is about 20kcal, but if I didn't measure, I'd easily put 2 or 3 tbsp in one go.

It adds up
  • Jay2God

If you keep making little errors, they all add up.

With oils and condiments, depends on what they are and how much you're using, you need to log everything that you use that has calories. For example a teaspoon of olive oil is 40 calories, a tablespoon is around 120 calories. If you keep missing things like that out, then you are eating more than you think.

Oo thanks for the info i appreciate everything
  • Jay2God
    LW3380 wrote: »
    Why not make your diary public and we can see if you are making any rookie errors...also do you eat this way consistently, even at weekends?

There made it public
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    That's bad.