1000 calories a day

I'm 5'9 270 pounds I started intermittent fasting and I eat 1000 calories a day is that bad? I usually dont get hungry until 2 PM I eat 3 eggs with chicken breast and that's usually around 450 or less calories and I get full then my last meal is at 6pm I eat chicken breast with brocolli coliflower half a avocado and a granola bar and thats it.

Replies

• Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm hitting my protein and fat macro goals and keeping my carbs low what do I need to change? Do I really need to eat if not hungry?
  • Jay2God
    Why are you eating so little? Yes it's bad, the minimum recommended intake for a man is 1500 calories and at your stats you can lose at a healthy rate on a lot more than that.

That is what a tiny 70 year old woman would exist on, not a 270lb young man.

I hit my goal protein and fat goal on macros though. Do I have to add 1 more meal? If I'm not hungry?
  • Jay2God
    What are you trying to achieve?

He/she who eats the most and still loses wins!

To lose weight is my goal but I feel like I eat good but yet 1000 calories is so low I dont see myself eating an extra meal but if I have to I will
  • Jay2God
    pinuplove wrote: »
    May I ask how long you've been eating this way? Often there's a 'honeymoon' period where you feel on top of the world, energized, in control, and amazed at your newfound willpower. Then you crash. Weak, tired, and hungry isn't fun.

I've been doing it for I'd say 5 months now I started at 300 now I'm at 265
  • Jay2God
    fb47 wrote: »
    May I ask how long you've been eating this way? Often there's a 'honeymoon' period where you feel on top of the world, energized, in control, and amazed at your newfound willpower. Then you crash. Weak, tired, and hungry isn't fun.

That's 7lbs per week, that's just crazy and I am not saying this in a good way.

It's 1.75lbs a week

Perfect rate of loss, you're eating more than you think

Well idk how many days has it been I'm not keeping count just tracking my calories and macros and step on the scale is all I do
  • Jay2God
    fb47 wrote: »

That's 7lbs per week, that's just crazy and I am not saying this in a good way.

It's 1.75lbs a week

Perfect rate of loss, you're eating more than you think

Well idk how many days has it been I'm not keeping count just tracking my calories and macros and step on the scale is all I do

By the way I forgot to mention I do not exercise I'm hardly active