1000 calories a day

Options

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Yes that's incredibly low but I don't know what kind of chicken breast and 3 eggs is 450 OR LESS. May want to check your numbers. Are you weighing and logging?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'9 270 pounds I started intermittent fasting and I eat 1000 calories a day is that bad? I usually dont get hungry until 2 PM I eat 3 eggs with chicken breast and that's usually around 450 or less calories and I get full then my last meal is at 6pm I eat chicken breast with brocolli coliflower half a avocado and a granola bar and thats it.

Yes, that's bad...but you might be eating more than you think.

1500 calories is the minimum for a male who is sedentary...but like I said, given your rate of loss, you're probably eating more than you think.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Yes that's incredibly low but I don't know what kind of chicken breast and 3 eggs is 450 OR LESS. May want to check your numbers. Are you weighing and logging?

Not necessarily. Three eggs will be 210 calories, which saves 240 for chicken breast -- so that leaves 7 oz of chicken breast, which is a really good sized serving.

yes, the OP needs to weigh food, but this wasn't really the best example of "you're wrong."
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Three eggs will be 210 calories, which saves 240 for chicken breast -- so that leaves 7 oz of chicken breast, which is a really good sized serving.

yes, the OP needs to weigh food, but this wasn't really the best example of "you're wrong."

Those are really small steamed eggs
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    fb47 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    May I ask how long you've been eating this way? Often there's a 'honeymoon' period where you feel on top of the world, energized, in control, and amazed at your newfound willpower. Then you crash. Weak, tired, and hungry isn't fun.

I've been doing it for I'd say 5 months now I started at 300 now I'm at 265

That's 7lbs per week, that's just crazy and I am not saying this in a good way.

It's 1.75lbs a week

Perfect rate of loss, you're eating more than you think

Well idk how many days has it been I'm not keeping count just tracking my calories and macros and step on the scale is all I do

Where have you been tracking your calories? I looked at your food diary. You have no entries for June and the first part of July. Seems like you have only been entering food into your diary for about a week - and not consistently.

A couple of things I noticed about your diary:
    • You are not entering any drinks. What are you drinking?
    • You list "medium" eggs as something you often eat. Are you sure about that? Most common egg size is "large" - it will state so on the carton.

All I drink is water nothing else I've been drinking water for 2 years now
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is bad, but it sounds like you’re eating more than you think based off of your weight lost in 5 months
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've listed everything I used on my diary today in total is 1475 calories
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

your total is 1400 and you have a GOAL of 1800...so you have about 400more calories

have a baked potato or some rice - or are you keeping your carbs low for a reason?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    while IF is a thing, the carb thing is fuzzy science

please be sure you are measuring what you eat. make sure you are eating at 1500/day

eating regularily under minimum can lead to quitting, hair loss, dizziness, crankiness, muscle loss
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

your total is 1400 and you have a GOAL of 1800...so you have about 400more calories

have a baked potato or some rice - or are you keeping your carbs low for a reason?

I started intermittent fasting and heard carbs make more insulin that's why I'm trying to keep away from it.

I don't see anything wrong with doing OMAD or low carb, but if you're going to do it then research it and find out why you're going it. "Carbs make more insulin" is a poor understanding of why you're doing something.

Generally speaking, when you reduce carbs you'll have to increase one of the other two macros to make up the calories. Most people choose fat because it's easy. Pick some of your favorite fat sources and start including some variety in your diet.

You seem to be doing a lot of things designed to reduce your appetite (low carb and IF) but then it's going too far in the opposite direction. Hunger signals are a bad way to determine whether or not you're eating enough since the hormones that control them can be knocked out of whack by so many things (including prolonged undereating). Once you get a food scale and get your logging more accurate (be sure you're double-checking that the entries you use are accurate and appropriate as well. There's a lot of bad data in the database) then you need to trust that there's a reason you should eat above your minimum needs and start adjusting to fit your needs.

I can't tell from your log what your meals look like so I'll just ask outright: How are you currently measuring your meats without a scale? Are you measuring them raw or cooked and do the entries you choose match?