Going Keto from from Monday. Anyone want to join me?

Options
13»

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please keep this thread focused on supporting the OP as she requested in the initial post. If you have keto experiences or tips this is the place to share them.

If you wish to debate macros vs calories for weight loss that discussion has been moved here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10682674/calories-vs-carbs-for-weight-loss/p1?new=1

There are also many great debates in the debate section about keto as a trend and how well it works.

If you find anything specific in this thread you would like to further debate please feel free to quote the posts and take it over to the debate section so as not to hijack this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation
    4legs
    MFP moderator
  • Aloskii
    Aloskii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ll join you
  • Jay2God
    Jay2God Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll join you aswell I'm on day 10 or 11🤔 and went from 276 to 263
  • yurita87
    yurita87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone showing support and giving informed advise/tips/recommendations.

I have accepted all your friends requests.

For the rest of you: how disappointing! I thought this was a different kind of community.

I'm not an ignorant. I have done a lot of research, talked to a Doctor, a qualified Dietitian, discussed different solutions to my health issues (which I will not discuss here) and yes, I decided I will give Keto a try. I have been preparing for this for weeks. I will follow a controled meal plan that has been created according to my taste, goals, nutritional needs and budget, and it will be reviewed every four weeks.

I absolutely LOVE all the foods in it and don't think I will miss the rest.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • wrehab
    wrehab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    any recommendations on a book or a guide to starting the Keto diet?
  • Heatherrs95
    Heatherrs95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wrehab wrote: »
    any recommendations on a book or a guide to starting the Keto diet?

Ruled.me is a great resource! They have a lot of information and a free 30 day meal plan.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,954 Member
    Options
    I used Morton Lite Salt which contains potassium. Also I sipped on any flavor boullion (cubes) which game me a nice start on my sodium for the day. Don't forget that Himalayan Pink Salt has many of the things which will also help you avoid (or survive) the Keto flu. The weight loss is real.
  • TheMagicOneMikeD
    TheMagicOneMikeD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    yurita87 wrote: »
    good luck, I hope it goes well for you. I'm 4 weeks in and starting to see some benefits now. Make sure you stock up on salt or electrolyte supplements in preparation for "keto flu"
    Any electrolytes recommendation?

Not sure you've done enough reading on it. This is pretty common and readily available info. Most sources will warn you about the "keto flu" and what to do about it. I'm all for Keto or whatever gets ppl to their goals, but this one can lead to some deficiencies so be careful.
  • ballerbryan
    ballerbryan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know it's only been a few days but how's it going? I'm trying to do Keto as well.

What have been some struggles you noticed?

I'm doing my best to prepare myself otherwise i know I might not stick with it