Mfp crushes...

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,126 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Or until someone ambushes you coming out of a mid town Manhattan gym.....

Hey hey. I was there for the pool party.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

I told you it was a coincidence! I just "happened" to be walking by as you were coming out. Dang. You're never gonna let that go, huh? 😟

Lol....if it was you I would have stalked you right back! ;)

Oh really? What's the closest train station near ur gym? Lol 😋
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I get casual crushes and intense crushes. I've made it a practice to not do the intense crush thing anymore because ultimately people get hurt feelings. No one is really going to move across the country or the world for that matter, to get truly involved. It's just not realistic.
    It's easier to give zero fvcks.
    You are very right about that!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

Hey hey. I was there for the pool party.

King of the male twerk right here ladies ;)
  • deweese7717
    deweese7717 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Another question...are these crushes really more just validation? And then shouldnt we find it in ourselves?

Yaaaaassssss!!!!!!!!! Indeed

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Another question...are these crushes really more just validation? And then shouldnt we find it in ourselves?

Yaaaaassssss!!!!!!!!! Indeed

Haha, heeey you. Where you been? I validate you :*
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    It's all fun until someone buys a plane ticket!

Well, that is taking it to a whole other level. I will say i almost did this a year ago. And if hes lurking i hope he reads it. I found out thankfully sooner rather than later that words like "dumb broad" and "stupid *kitten*" were readily apart of his vocab.

Now I feel like I'm over sharing. :s

I've purchased a plane ticket to go meet someone before. Was on a different community/forum and we had been talking for quite a few months before we agreed to meet. But, we were both interested seeing if it could go further (it didn't).

Now, it's entirely different if someone is travelling to an area for a completely unrelated event, and there's someone there from the community. This is generally how I meet a lot of people I interact frequently with online. Nothing is intended to come from it, other than putting a face to a (screen)name and saying "Hi" over a meal, drinks, or event. With one of my current hobbies, I tend to travel around the US a few times a year, and have met some pretty cool forum friends. Actually, this just happened a couple weeks ago and I met one of our amazing members here.

I've also done forum meetups or group events. Everything from going to conventions to spending the weekend at the racetrack.

Personally, have little or no interest in finding a relationship online on forums or social sites I'm on. I'd venture to guess that many have the same views. But, quite a few also have ulterior motives as well.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    No this is not a tag or person above you thread. So, hopefully you anti fun and games still click in. I saw a post that made me think. Mfp crushes ya or nah? What is a crush? Have you recipeocated a crush? Does it ever move to more serious?

Hey its Friday. We need a new thread ;)

For some people it does get more serious. People have met on MFP and gotten married, but there is a very slim chance of that happening. Most people are not willing or able to pack up and move to be with someone and most of us have some distance in between. That being said I think developing a crush can be normal. Most of us are here for the same reason and have had some similar issues in our pasts that have led us to need a site like this. It is easy to connect with people that you think understand you. Some of those are innocent crushes and some are more serious. I have had crushes on both men and women here. There are some amazing people here. I see so many people working hard whether it be at their job, as a parent , to be a better human or in their fitness goals. How could I not crush on some of you people??

I crush you for this (in a good way, not physically with my excess body weight)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Well, that is taking it to a whole other level. I will say i almost did this a year ago. And if hes lurking i hope he reads it. I found out thankfully sooner rather than later that words like "dumb broad" and "stupid *kitten*" were readily apart of his vocab.

I've purchased a plane ticket to go meet someone before. Was on a different community/forum and we had been talking for quite a few months before we agreed to meet. But, we were both interested seeing if it could go further (it didn't).

Now, it's entirely different if someone is travelling to an area for a completely unrelated event, and there's someone there from the community. This is generally how I meet a lot of people I interact frequently with online. Nothing is intended to come from it, other than putting a face to a (screen)name and saying "Hi" over a meal, drinks, or event. With one of my current hobbies, I tend to travel around the US a few times a year, and have met some pretty cool forum friends. Actually, this just happened a couple weeks ago and I met one of our amazing members here.

I've also done forum meetups or group events. Everything from going to conventions to spending the weekend at the racetrack.

Personally, have little or no interest in finding a relationship online on forums or social sites I'm on. I'd venture to guess that many have the same views. But, quite a few also have ulterior motives as well.

True. But just like IRL things can evolve. And in this scenario i do not mean married people. But if you are single your interactions here, at your job, at church...can lead you to meeting someone special...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    How about...would you be open to pursuing something more serious if you met the right person?

Many of you seem to say no. But if all the stars aligned...
  • bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I refrain from crushes as my mom told me that I could get pregnant.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ill start. After reading the post I've come to the conclusion that a crush is someone you chat with that you click with. So, that could be multiple people...and of both genders. I crush @AgainWithTheSurfyPants cause we always stay in touch no matter what. Ive even heard her amazing accent....and shes kookie like me....just an example.

Define "click with" further please. A crush is someone that you may want more intimate or emotional relations with, along the lines of a relationship. Object of desire if you will.

The way you describe it, that is more of a friendship. Or, beginnings of one.

I guess i see crush as someone you have an interest/admiration for. And that maybe it does progress into more of a real friendship/relationship. To the point of meeting in real life, carrying on outside of mfp, and so on. I guess if you are talking to someone and you hope it to continue into a romantic relationship or you commit to being exclusive...thats more than a crush right?

Yes, the significant part of a "crush" is it potentially becoming more than just friendship. It was the way you worded your previous one that I was questioning since it seemed like you were calling a friendship a crush. I have a lot of people I'd call friends from here, or other online communities, that I'd enjoy meeting in person. But, because I'm not interested in more than just meeting a friend, it's far from a crush.

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options

True. But just like IRL things can evolve. And in this scenario i do not mean married people. But if you are single your interactions here, at your job, at church...can lead you to meeting someone special...

Yes, it's all a part of life and how many people meet.
    How about...would you be open to pursuing something more serious if you met the right person?

Many of you seem to say no. But if all the stars aligned...

Just like in real life, things may happen and a relationship may come of it. It's happened here a few times, just like elsewhere. As mentioned before, I've flown to meet someone who I thought might have a serious relationship with.

But, in all reality, chances of a long distance relationship working out from people who have met on a forum is pretty damn slim. Especially here where it seems many of the people just want to (a little more than innocently) flirt and get some kind of validation of "still got it".
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Ill start. After reading the post I've come to the conclusion that a crush is someone you chat with that you click with. So, that could be multiple people...and of both genders. I crush @AgainWithTheSurfyPants cause we always stay in touch no matter what. Ive even heard her amazing accent....and shes kookie like me....just an example.

Define "click with" further please. A crush is someone that you may want more intimate or emotional relations with, along the lines of a relationship. Object of desire if you will.

I guess i see crush as someone you have an interest/admiration for. And that maybe it does progress into more of a real friendship/relationship. To the point of meeting in real life, carrying on outside of mfp, and so on. I guess if you are talking to someone and you hope it to continue into a romantic relationship or you commit to being exclusive...thats more than a crush right?

Yes, the significant part of a "crush" is it potentially becoming more than just friendship. It was the way you worded your previous one that I was questioning since it seemed like you were calling a friendship a crush. I have a lot of people I'd call friends from here, or other online communities, that I'd enjoy meeting in person. But, because I'm not interested in more than just meeting a friend, it's far from a crush.

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some done see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

I used to work with a guy named Dan who was one of my favorite people to grab lunch with because he was a dork and didn’t get into office gossip. He was one of those super platonic dudes that made me feel like I was hanging out with my cousin. I used to giggle at the way he’d practically shove me over if a hot girl approached because he didn’t want anything making him look not single 😂
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't been around long enough to find a crush. Where is the best place to look?
  • mustacheU2Lift
    edited July 2018
    Options
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    I haven't been around long enough to find a crush. Where is the best place to look?

My snapchat ;)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some done see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

I used to work with a guy named Dan who was one of my favorite people to grab lunch with because he was a dork and didn’t get into office gossip. He was one of those super platonic dudes that made me feel like I was hanging out with my cousin. I used to giggle at the way he’d practically shove me over if a hot girl approached because he didn’t want anything making him look not single 😂

:lol: He kind of sounds like me, at least in the dork and platonic aspect. The difference is that the close female friends I have now, they're the ones trying to hook me up with a lot of different women and I just sit there and blush. :laugh:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Online crushes last 6-weeks, tops. Then they are replaced by a new crush. And the cycle goes on and on.

Hi, ;);)