Mfp crushes...

Options

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.

I am one of those men. I think they can be friends but there will be an underlying urge for more. Most guys aren't rapists or predators so they can suppress that urge and just do the friend thing, but it's always there for most guys. Looks plays a big part in this as well as being in a relationship with another person. Also being workplace friends may at least not allow for those feelings of sexual attraction to be brought up.Those factors could possibly allow a real friendship. But 2 single opposite sex people, attractive, get along great, have lots in common and enjoy hanging out with each other......yeah, good luck lying to yourself that given the chance you would not want more.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Online crushes last 6-weeks, tops. Then they are replaced by a new crush. And the cycle goes on and on.

Hi, ;);)

Hi! e36392.gif Today is July 20th! Let's enjoy this until August 31st!

Perfect. Just in time for the next influx. Pm me promptly so we can solidify this union.
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    bhadbahabi wrote: »
    I refrain from crushes as my mom told me that I could get pregnant.

Me too as my mom told me I could get the UD.
  • bojack5
    edited July 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Edited for typos.

The guys who say that men and women can't be friends are the type of guys who don't think women are good for anything except sex.

Not true. They are honest. And yes they can be friends.....but a lot of the times an underlying unaddressed attraction is there
  • nooshi713
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »

Edited for typos.

I am one of those men. I think they can be friends but there will be an underlying urge for more. Most guys aren't rapists or predators so they can suppress that urge and just do the friend thing, but it's always there for most guys. Looks plays a big part in this as well as being in a relationship with another person. Also being workplace friends may at least not allow for those feelings of sexual attraction to be brought up.Those factors could possibly allow a real friendship. But 2 single opposite sex people, attractive, get along great, have lots in common and enjoy hanging out with each other......yeah, good luck lying to yourself that given the chance you would not want more.

I am perfectly capable of being just friends with guys I find attractive. It is the men that are incapable.
  • bojack5
    Options

Edited for typos.

I am perfectly capable of being just friends with guys I find attractive. It is the men that are incapable.

I only speak from a male perspective
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Edited for typos.

I only speak from a male perspective

Well obviously ;)

I am just giving my female one.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Edited for typos.

what about boys?

Boys, men same thing. Lol. I would love a boy to prove me wrong.
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

I actually agree with this. I have male friends but every single one of them at one point or another tried to cross a line. I can take a hint no matter how subtle and it made me a little uncomfortable. Admittedly, had I not been married at the time, who knows.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

I actually agree with this. I have male friends but every single one of them at one point or another tried to cross a line. I can take a hint no matter how subtle and it made me a little uncomfortable. Admittedly, had I not been married at the time, who knows.

what good is having a line if you're not going to cross it?

...... stupid ol' lines.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Online crushes last 6-weeks, tops. Then they are replaced by a new crush. And the cycle goes on and on.

Hi, ;);)

Hi! e36392.gif Today is July 20th! Let's enjoy this until August 31st!

Perfect. Just in time for the next influx. Pm me promptly so we can solidify this union.

I would but my PM's don't work. I think I waited too long to verify my email and it didn't like that.

Dang it. Wow. Our crush lasted all of 5 min :'(
  • mustacheU2Lift
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Edited for typos.

...... stupid ol' lines.

• nooshi713
    Options

Edited for typos.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.

True. I have to disagree with you about the people who dont want their SO having a bunch of opposite sex friends being jealous or controlling.

I have always been that girl that just trusts her man, is not jealous, and super chill. Female friends inevitably cause a problem somehow. I feel that for the most part there is some ulterior motive there on the man's part.....or sometimes on the woman's part if the guy is really fine.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

...... stupid ol' lines.

I don't know if I should cross that line or just run around it.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

Edited for typos.

...... stupid ol' lines.

I don't know if I should cross that line or just run around it.

Youve got 6 weeks to figure it out.