Mfp crushes...

Options

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.

I am one of those men. I think they can be friends but there will be an underlying urge for more. Most guys aren't rapists or predators so they can suppress that urge and just do the friend thing, but it's always there for most guys. Looks plays a big part in this as well as being in a relationship with another person. Also being workplace friends may at least not allow for those feelings of sexual attraction to be brought up.Those factors could possibly allow a real friendship. But 2 single opposite sex people, attractive, get along great, have lots in common and enjoy hanging out with each other......yeah, good luck lying to yourself that given the chance you would not want more.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. It’s much easier to maintain a friendship if there’s no attraction. If one of the parties is attracted to the other it leads to one way feelings. If both do, it’s probably going to lead to something. Even if it’s a one night stand.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options

I lol at this because I get messages from a few females on my list telling me that <insert male user name here> is mad that im commenting on their status and that only he really cares about her. really?

apparently on MFP some men are very possessive of who they are trying to get with

I believe you 100%. And that makes no sense. If they are not together IRL, nobody really should be feeling possessive over another person.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.

True. I have to disagree with you about the people who dont want their SO having a bunch of opposite sex friends being jealous or controlling.

I have always been that girl that just trusts her man, is not jealous, and super chill. Female friends inevitably cause a problem somehow. I feel that for the most part there is some ulterior motive there on the man's part.....or sometimes on the woman's part if the guy is really fine.

I lol at this because I get messages from a few females on my list telling me that <insert male user name here> is mad that im commenting on their status and that only he really cares about her. really?

apparently on MFP some men are very possessive of who they are trying to get with

Look, just stay away from @CaptainFantastic01 and we wont have a problem. He's mine.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options

I believe you 100%. And that makes no sense. If they are not together IRL, nobody really should be feeling possessive over another person.

Should anyone ever be a possession though?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.

True. I have to disagree with you about the people who dont want their SO having a bunch of opposite sex friends being jealous or controlling.

I have always been that girl that just trusts her man, is not jealous, and super chill. Female friends inevitably cause a problem somehow. I feel that for the most part there is some ulterior motive there on the man's part.....or sometimes on the woman's part if the guy is really fine.

You disagree, and say that you are a "girl that just trusts her man". Yet, you prove my exact point in that you feel there is an ulterior motive from him, or sometimes from his female friend.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Edited for typos.

I am one of those men. I think they can be friends but there will be an underlying urge for more. Most guys aren't rapists or predators so they can suppress that urge and just do the friend thing, but it's always there for most guys. Looks plays a big part in this as well as being in a relationship with another person. Also being workplace friends may at least not allow for those feelings of sexual attraction to be brought up.Those factors could possibly allow a real friendship. But 2 single opposite sex people, attractive, get along great, have lots in common and enjoy hanging out with each other......yeah, good luck lying to yourself that given the chance you would not want more.

I am perfectly capable of being just friends with guys I find attractive. It is the men that are incapable.

what about boys?

Boys, men same thing. Lol. I would love a boy to prove me wrong.

so u want someone to prove u wrong by not liking you in that way? what if u fall for them and they don't reciprocate? wont u be hurt? ;)

Not at all. I can't fall for a guy just because hes cute. For me to fall for a guy, he has to be seriously wooing me, and showing me that he wants me AND the attraction has to be there on my end. There are lots of guys I think are cute but I dont want to jump their bones. If a guy shows me no interest romantically, then I won't develop feelings for him.

I like getting a male perspective on things. I also like sports and other things that not many of my lady friends are into.
  • nooshi713
    Options

Should anyone ever be a possession though?

No. I didnt mean that anyone should be a possession. I guess I can understand some jealousy if two people are together for real and one is acting inappropriately though. But, people have to be secure in their relationship too. I dont really get being jealous or possessive over someone you have never met.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Wait. You seriously think men and women can't be friends? I have a ton of friends that are men...and never a weird moment. If opposite sex can't be friends, does that mean you can't be friends with someone of the same sex who isn't a heterosexual?
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Girl: "I just get along with guys better. I don't feel comfortable with most women and don't have many female friends. My guy friends are so funny and we have such good times together kicking back with some craft beers and watching football and eating pizza. All my friends are guys pretty much. Tee hee. Shrug. Whatevah."

Wives - does this sound right to you?
    This literally defines me to a Tee. Minus I prefer cheap crap lite beer over that craft crap. I feel horrible if girls take that the wrong way. I am friends with three couples. When we hang out, I am in the garage drinking beer with the guys, because it is way more fun than drinking wine and on line shopping.

• nooshi713
    Options

Edited for typos.

I am perfectly capable of being just friends with guys I find attractive. It is the men that are incapable.

Me and Bojack are friends. I think we could even hold hands while walking together and then eat sloppy chicken wings at a small table without experiencing any hot or throbbing feelings.

That is awesome. :)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    Online crushes last 6-weeks, tops. Then they are replaced by a new crush. And the cycle goes on and on.

Hi, ;);)

Hi! e36392.gif Today is July 20th! Let's enjoy this until August 31st!

Perfect. Just in time for the next influx. Pm me promptly so we can solidify this union.

I would but my PM's don't work. I think I waited too long to verify my email and it didn't like that.

Dang it. Wow. Our crush lasted all of 5 min :'(

I''ll cancel the wedding venue.

Wait. Now you just being dramatic.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    @LMNOP55 is my MFP crush <3

and the fabulous @mustacheU2Lift as well....oh how she shines

Can we wait until August 31s to start our crush?

😐
  • nooshi713
    edited July 2018
    Options

Edited for typos.

You disagree, and say that you are a "girl that just trusts her man". Yet, you prove my exact point in that you feel there is an ulterior motive from him, or sometimes from his female friend.

Yes in my experience female friends caused problems for me. Part of it was also my man at the time allowing those women to cross the line, so the man was the primary problem. I dont think every woman or man has ulterior motives but a lot do. Me being trusting and chill about everything caused problems for me in the past.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options

Edited for typos.

Me and Bojack are friends. I think we could even hold hands while walking together and then eat sloppy chicken wings at a small table without experiencing any hot or throbbing feelings.

Speak for yourself chica! You know damn well what hot wing sauce dripping off your chin does to me! ;)
  • nooshi713
    Options
    In my personal experience, men and women cannot have a CLOSE platonic relationship. I've personally lost every single one of my good guy friends because they have wanted more, where I did not, they were all single btw.

Yep, me too. The only ones that are still friends live across the country and we only see each other every few years.